New Mainland Uke

dnt.thnk.twce

Reaction score
Finally got up to Brown County to meet Mike and Tookta at Mainland Ukes - great people - and a nice place to visit.

I came home with a lovely Red Cedar Concert!

picture.php

Sorry Alex, Mike says you have to come up and compare the pineapples yourself!!!

Now to go learn how to play music on this thing...

PS - anyone know why my iSight camera has this mirror thing going on - or did I get a defective T-shirt?

That's a really sweet Mainland uke you have right there. I'm beginning to think that it's going to be really hard to have uke made by every company :)

As for the isight flipping the mirror.. I quick read some mac forums and it looks like your stuck buddy. But you can preview the picture... or something, and then go to ... tools, and click, "flip horizontal" then you'll have it right.

The iSights are always backwards.

But backwards or forwards, that's a gorgeous uke and I hope you enjoy the hell out of it!

Finally got up to Brown County to meet Mike and Tookta at Mainland Ukes - great people - and a nice place to visit.

I came home with a lovely Red Cedar Concert!

picture.php

Sorry Alex, Mike says you have to come up and compare the pineapples yourself!!!

Now to go learn how to play music on this thing...

PS - anyone know why my iSight camera has this mirror thing going on - or did I get a defective T-shirt?
Are you going to make a video, I'm waiting for my Mahogany Tenor. I Would like to hear the difference between them.

The iSight is backwards when you shoot with Photo Booth. Most other apps don't do this. I use an app called iGlasses that allows you to make a variety of useful camera adjustments to any app that uses the iSight. It has a Mirror feature that flips the camera image to the correct orientation.

In addition to Flip Photos in the Edit menu of Photo Booth, I also see an Auto Flip New Photos option below it. (I'm not positive that this wasn't added to the menu by iGlasses.) Worth checking.

That is one gorgeous uke. I love the look of those Mainlands.

You lucky dog!

Nice Uke Eric.

As far as the photo goes, I didn't even notice the lettering on the shirt was backward when I noticed you had on a UU shirt. Instead, I asked myself, "Now, Why did he get a left handed Uke?"

Can't wait to hear ya play it. We gotta get together and do some jammin' as soon as you get back in town.

~Sam

That's a sweet Uke!

Congrats on the Mainland. I couldn't be happier with mine. As pretty as they are; they sound even better.

Gave that same model to my daughter as a graduation present. Great sound. I've just ordered a Mainland mahogany concert model. They make a nice uke for the money!

Congrats on the new Mainland! Did you keep your hands and feet away from hoosierhiver's cage? :p

If you're using Photobooth, just toggle "Auto Flip New Photos" under the Edit menu and all your new photos will get automatically flipped.

Congrats, Dude! That's one sweet uke. My Mainland mahogany concert should be here tomorrow (yay me!).

All of the Mainland ukes I've seen so far have the rope binding. Is this true of all Mainland ukes?

Yup, that seems to be their trademark. I think it looks classy, but it's not for everyone.

I'm not a big fan of it, myself. Just a personal preference thing. I'm sure they're great ukes; I'm strictly talking looks here. I think I'd prefer a herringbone pattern better....

Top Bottom