PDA

View Full Version : Someone New For The Boys to fall In Love With......

salukulady
06-20-2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4saJyiIc0zg

Her name is Lauren Coleman and she is incredible. I got to be in on her recording of this song, and she is as wonderful and uplifting as this video appears.....I will post more news as things progress.......

Hobgoblin Steve
06-20-2009, 08:03 PM
eh im still holding out for Taimane. she doesn't know it yet though.

salukulady
06-20-2009, 08:08 PM
eh im still holding out for Taimane. she doesn't know it yet though.Wait 'til you meet Lauren in person.....makes Tamimane look like a cold fish.

ricdoug
06-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Check her out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-31n_Jn2qg

Quigs
06-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Good grief!! she makes a happy man feel very old!:worship:

UkuLeLesReggAe
06-20-2009, 11:13 PM
cold fish?? :'(

RAZZLE
06-21-2009, 01:08 AM
does anyone know the cords and lyrics for this joyful song?

Go Pack!
06-21-2009, 01:29 AM
There seems to be a whole lot more women playing uke than there are playing guitar.:cool:
I'd just like to find a super hot young chick uke player who really digs old fat bald married guys and I'd be happy.My wife doesn't seem too worried about it for some reason.:confused::rolleyes:

Jimmy
06-21-2009, 01:43 AM
Wow...

That's a nice ukulele!?!?

also pretty girl

Pippin
06-21-2009, 02:24 AM
Wow...

That's a nice ukulele!?!?

also pretty girl

Looks like a "Mitchell" uke. If so, it's laminated. The girl is not laminated. :D

Denno
06-21-2009, 04:03 AM
Naaa I stick with lisa. :)

hoosierhiver
06-21-2009, 04:59 AM
Does she have her own channel?

mailman
06-21-2009, 05:54 AM
Good grief!! she makes a happy man feel very old!:worship:

Don't know what you're thinking....but in my case, she makes an old man feel very happy!! :D

Does she play ukulele exclusively? Or is it a part-time instrument for her? Either way, I like it!

salukulady
06-21-2009, 06:09 AM
Don't know what you're thinking....but in my case, she makes an old man feel very happy!! :D

Does she play ukulele exclusively? Or is it a part-time instrument for her? Either way, I like it!She's a singer who learned the uke. An incredible voice, very sweet and bluesy. She had already recorded this song and invited about 15 friends to come and sing the background vocals. I was just a friend of a friend and hanging out in the background, but she insisted everyone that was there be included on the recording and took each of our names. A very warm and loving young woman. Afterwards, she sang a few more songs for us. I describe her voice as a cross between Sarah Bareilles and Diana Krall.

salukulady
06-21-2009, 06:12 AM
Wait 'til you meet Lauren in person.....makes Tamimane look like a cold fish.This was a smart ass comment....I apologize. Tamimane is an amazing uke player, and I've never had the pleasure of meeting her. Lauren is a singer who plays the uke. But if you gentlemen had the pleasure of meeting her in person, you'd be instantly smitten.

Lanark
06-21-2009, 06:28 AM
. I describe her voice as a cross between Sarah Bareilles and Diana Krall.

I'd add a touch of Neko Case (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RV-5j4wQsQ&feature=related) who used to play a Gretsch tenor guitar when I'd go and see her back in the day....

Bluke
06-21-2009, 09:59 AM
She's a good singer, but that video 'production' was so annoying, I couldn't get through it.

ukulelebadass
06-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Wow, thanks for that! I'm all a flutter....That girl can sing! With a voice like that who cares what she looks like!

Playscool39
06-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Nice Uke, nice song...and oh nice girl:love:

DeG
06-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Nice knee cap :D

RON<>VA
06-21-2009, 11:48 AM

In my case she makes an old man feel tired!;)

salukulady
06-21-2009, 03:25 PM
She's a good singer, but that video 'production' was so annoying, I couldn't get through it.
That's why I have been hesitant to post her stuff, because all of her vids on her channel are so poorly done.

seeso
06-21-2009, 04:24 PM
She's cute. Very engaging personality. I wonder if she's that happy IRL.

SnakeOiler
06-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Check her out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-31n_Jn2qg

My, she's got a lovely set of bongos, ain't she.

J Holla
06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
that voice is insane... and she has my uke so i like her even more:nana:

salukulady
06-21-2009, 08:40 PM
She's cute. Very engaging personality. I wonder if she's that happy IRL.The evening I spent with her she was, of course she had just finished recording a song and was very happy....and seeso, she's absolutely beautiful. That video doesn't do her justice. I'm hoping she puts out a better quality vid.

seeso
06-21-2009, 08:46 PM
I generally don't fall for the super aesthetically beautiful women. I like them quirky.

salukulady
06-21-2009, 08:51 PM
I generally don't fall for the super aesthetically beautiful women. I like them quirky.I meant beautiful from the inside, she was pretty, but she glows from within. The kind of person people are drawn to because of their warmth, very genuine.

thejumpingflea
06-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I meant beautiful from the inside, she was pretty, but she glows from within. The kind of person people are drawn to because of their warmth, very genuine.

Aren't we all beautiful on the inside?

. . . at least that is what my mommy tells me . . .

salukulady
06-21-2009, 08:59 PM

. . . at least that is what my mommy tells me . . .Yes, Grasshopper, there is good in all of us. One might have to dig through the BS to find it, but it does exist.

Johnny Elsewhere
06-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Very nice. Very poppy. I like it! =D

Pippin
06-21-2009, 09:06 PM

. . . at least that is what my mommy tells me . . .

That's a very good question... really... it is.

What is interesting is that there are some people that go through life with a smile and really love what they are doing. Sure, they have their share of unexpected issues, like everyone, but they see things in a much different light. They make the most of the time they are given, so to speak, and they attract people to them. Lauren sounds like one of those people.

There are other people that are miserable and no matter what happens, they will never be happy because they won't allow it. They are the perpetual complainers and often will find fault in everything. They always look for a reason that something won't work, something will fail, disappointment is just around the corner. For them, life is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

It all comes to perspective. Being a positive person and enjoying life or making the most of it is often bred into someone at a very young age. If your parents were cynical, changes are that you will be, too. It is a hard nut to crack.

People that are beautiful inside wear it on their face. It's called a smile, and they do it more times than not.

salukulady
06-21-2009, 09:13 PM
People that are beautiful inside wear it on their face. It's called a smile, and they do it more times than not.And many of them play the uke...

pink flamingo
06-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Right, so this thread is not about me then?

Just a quick question about something I have been wondering about for a long time, in the video she is resting her uke on her knee, while I notice others lift it slightly upwards and jam it between there elbows. Is there a rule for holding your uke? Ehm, yeah look for the word noob and you find me.

salukulady
06-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Right, so this thread is not about me then?

Just a quick question about something I have been wondering about for a long time, in the video she is resting her uke on her knee, while I notice others lift it slightly upwards and jam it between there elbows. Is there a rule for holding your uke? Ehm, yeah look for the word noob and you find me.You hold it wherever it's most comfortable for you. I hold my soprano and concert on top of the girls and my tenor and baritone below the girls.