Bridges for banjo ukes

ichadwick

Reaction score
I want to experiment a bit with aletrnate bridges for my Waverly St banjo uke, and maybe lower the action while I'm at it. Any suggestions as to what sort of commercial/store-bought bridges I should consider? A four-string bridge or other size? materials? Recommendations?​

http://www.ukuleleworld.com/2-leg-1-2-bridge-5-string-banjo-bridge.html

I got one of these for my banjo uke and sanded it down too far. The fret board was flush with the body so after sanding it down to the action I'm used to on a regular ukulele fret board, I realized I needed more action. It was a cheaply made banjo uke from the 40's so it didn't sound all that great to begin with.

I want to experiment a bit with aletrnate bridges for my Waverly St banjo uke, and maybe lower the action while I'm at it. Any suggestions as to what sort of commercial/store-bought bridges I should consider? A four-string bridge or other size? materials? Recommendations?​

I've got a Waverly St. banjo uke on order, so I would be interested in learning the results of your experiment. How tall is the stock bridge on the instrument? I see that Ukulele World has several banjo uke bridges for sale.

Also, I'm interested in changing out the drum head for a more traditional skin or skin-like surface. If I get brave enough to do so, I'll post the results.

Elderly Instruments has a variety of bridges for 4 and 5 string, also at various heights.

I received my Waverly St. banjo uke yesterday. The bridge is 1/2" tall, the same height as a couple of those at Ukulele World.

Top Bottom