Ggyyeeeaaah buddy!

BBcakes

Reaction score
I just had to share that I've finally learned to play some songs and am feeling ecstatic! Pretty much got down 2 Marley songs (Turn Your Lights Down Low *with chunking* and Waiting in Vain *slide and all!*) Now I'm sure I still sound like a big time amateur compared to most of you and have to smooth it all out, but I'm slowly making progress! :nana: I also tried singing along, but it just messed up my playing. :p

I feel like a dork for posting my excitement, but I thought if anyone would understand it would be all of you :) No one else can fully grasp the emotions I'm having except my UU family!

"Ggyyeeeaaah buddy" is right! WHOO HOO! Good for you, BBCakes! :D

Fanks guys! My "Waiting in Vain" is the simple version of course... not Guting style. lol

:shaka:

good progress though! just remember, we all had to crawl before we could walk*, and we all had to walk before we could run. Just keep taking those baby steps :)

* unless we were given robot legs by a mad scientist father. Wish I had a mad scientist father, and robot legs.

I just had to share that I've finally learned to play some songs and am feeling ecstatic! Pretty much got down 2 Marley songs (Turn Your Lights Down Low *with chunking* and Waiting in Vain *slide and all!*) Now I'm sure I still sound like a big time amateur compared to most of you and have to smooth it all out, but I'm slowly making progress! :nana: I also tried singing along, but it just messed up my playing. :p

I feel like a dork for posting my excitement, but I thought if anyone would understand it would be all of you :) No one else can fully grasp the emotions I'm having except my UU family!

Well done mate, keep it up and before you know it you'll be playing loads of songs, as for the singing I'm sure that will improve as your playing gets better.

Great job BBcakes.

i love how so many UU members started out this same way and quickly ended up with over 20 youtube videos within a year.

i dont think you'll be an exception, bbcakes. start making vids now. that way you can chronicle your progress and see how you have improved over time. one of the best feelings ive gotten is when someone out of the blue says "ive been watching your vids from the beginning and i can see how much youve improved. keep it up!"

i love how so many UU members started out this same way and quickly ended up with over 20 youtube videos within a year.

i dont think you'll be an exception, bbcakes. start making vids now. that way you can chronicle your progress and see how you have improved over time. one of the best feelings ive gotten is when someone out of the blue says "ive been watching your vids from the beginning and i can see how much youve improved. keep it up!"

NukeDOC.. ive been watching your vids from the beginning and i can see how much youve improved. keep it up!" :D

Cudos, BBCakes! Doesn't it make you feel so good inside every time you pull off a new first (like a new chord change, or not overshooting a slide)? It's such a sense of accomplishment. Can't wait to see some vids of your progress.:shaka:

Aw, I love you all! Thanks for the support and encouragement. I feel 10x cooler now that I can play something. :D

I'm considering YouTube vids, but I'm kinda shy! Guess it's time I grow some balls and just get to it?? :eek: I'll try to post something soon...

Great job, Sachi! It's funny that you learned Turn Your Lights Down Low already, that song's been kicking me in the butt lately, but it's probably because I'm trying to learn a harder version. We still need to jam!

Seriously though, keep playing and practicing.

David Wilcox gave great advice: Artists work - they create works of art. Musicians play. Have fun with it!

Top Bottom