Kala, Kala, Kala!

LonnaB

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with Kala? I have two and both have had a separation between the neck and body going on. One is a few years old and has some wear and tear but the other is less than a year old.

I really miss playing my Kala and would like to have it repaired. I wonder what would be involved with that? Also, I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue with Kala.

Don't get me wrong- they are beautiful instruments and they sound lovely. I'm just a little concerned at why mine keep coming apart!:confused:

neck seperation

I had the same problem with my Kala pineapple soprano but it was pretty new, bought it from Music Guy Mic who replaced it.Great service highly recommend,maybe you could call him and ask for suggestions.good luck

I had the same problem with my Kala pineapple soprano but it was pretty new, bought it from Music Guy Mic who replaced it.Great service highly recommend,maybe you could call him and ask for suggestions.good luck

Yep- the second one was a Kala pineapple that I purchased for my daughter. I would hate to complain to MGM because it's been about six months since I purchased it.

Thanks for your input.

If it were mine I'd speak to the retailer.

I really wouldn't expect an instrument to fail anything like that quickly, unless I had mistreated it. Anyway, Kala ukes have 1 year warranty. You are entitled to have the issue put right.

Mic has a great reputation. I'm sure he'd be able to help you.

Top Bottom