PDA

View Full Version : Flea dealer in South Florida?

csr5z
06-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Any of you know if there is a brick-and-mortar dealer in South Florida (St. Lucie, Martin, Palm Beach, Broward or Dade counties, or the Keys) that sells Fleas / Flukes? I inquired about this with Magic Fluke Co. earlier in the month, but have not gotten a response.

I'd like to check a flea or fluke out in person before buying. Internet searches have turned up only two stores in Florida -- one in the Tampa area, the other in Tallahassee, both several hours away -- that carry them. I'd love to be able to try a flea out without having to drive across the state to do it.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have!

Thumper
06-22-2009, 11:21 AM
The only stores I've seen that carry them are on the west coast of Florida. I finally went ahead and ordered a Flea without ever having played one. I'm very happy with it, fortunately!

But it is a drag not to be able to find any on our side of the state (I'm in Palm Beach county).

SailQwest
06-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Do you have a Sam Ash near you? We found them in Sam Ash stores in Sarasota and Orlando last summer. Both stores had lots of Fleas and Flukes plus a handful of other ukes. Btw, it wouldn't hurt to take your own tuner.

csr5z
06-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. There's a Sam Ash in Margate, FL, which is about an hour's drive from here. Next time I'm down that way I'll stop by. The stories in PB County, where I live, don't have much of a selection, so it'll be fun to find a place that does.

Thumper
06-22-2009, 12:52 PM
The Sam Ash in Margate only has Schmitt and Applause ukes.