It's here (woohoo!)...my new Mainland uke

KC8AFW

Reaction score
Okay...so I had planned on writing to tell you guys my first impressions of my new Mainland mahogany concert uke. But, I've been too busy playing it. Maybe I'll get a chance tomorrow at work to tell you about it (because I'm sure I'll be thinking about it).:D

So here's a picture to tide you over 'till then:

picture.php

ha! call in sick.
Say you have Ukulimia. It's being unable to eat because you are anticipating the excitement that comes with the ukulele. It can only be cured after playing the ukulele for 2343232 hours straight.

It's beautiful! :)

Okay...so I had planned on writing to tell you guys my first impressions of my new Mainland mahogany concert uke. But, I've been too busy playing it. Maybe I'll get a chance tomorrow at work to tell you about it (because I'm sure I'll be thinking about it).:D

So here's a picture to tide you over 'till then:

picture.php

Wow it looks cool, just out of interest, how long did it take to arrive?

That one looks very nice, I hope my mainland uke will arrive someday this week :D

Holy wowzers! I'm so thinking about getting the same one in matte. Takes about all my restraint to not buy it outright...

First Impresions

Okay...so here is my first impression of my new Mainland mahogany concert uke: Wow! I mean...wow!

You guys probably want a little more detail than that...so here you go.

First, let's start with the openning of the box. I was taken aback by the sheer beauty of this instrument. The wood grain on the soundboard is a nice tight fiddleback pattern, while the back and sides have well defined ribbons with a hint of curly figuring. The color is a deep reddish-amber, and when the sunlight catches it...it appears to glow. It's as if it has an energy all its own. The rope inlay is bold and sassy, yet it's fibers portray a more delicate feel.

The first strum sent chills up my spine. It has a very mellow and woody tone with just enough sparkle to make every note come alive. The body resonates with every tone, and every little nuance is accentuated with a quality that can only be described as pure ecstacy.

So, in other words...I like it.

Thanks for all your compliments. They really do live up to all the hype (in my opinion).

Top Bottom