ukulele suggestions?

gabzuke

Reaction score
hey guys im wanting to buy a new uke

but im only 14 and i started several months ago so I have no experience whatsoever

im looking for something in the $200-$300 range

I only have a greg bennett uk70 tenor and I want an upgrade
any suggestions? thanks a heap !

uke on ! :shaka:

In that range the Mainlands and Bushmans get rave reviews around here. Mike at Mainland sets each uke up individually and will work with you to get you the uke and the setup you like. There's also something to be said for a Fluke or Flea with the rosewood option. You might look at MusicGuyMic's ebay store - he's got a lot of ukes in that price range and he does individual inspections and setups as well.

Do you know what size you're wanting? Soprano, concert, tenor, baritone?

You'll be able to pick up a nice ukulele for that price. Brands such as Kala, Ohana and Mainland (to name a few) are all decent mid range ukes with great reputations :)

Yeah, Rev's spot on.

here's a link to a review on a Mainland Mahogany Soprano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovc4MsISep4

If you search around youtube then you can find plenty of reviews and examples of the sound quality. You won't hear a bad word about the customer service at Mainland either. Here's a link to the Mainland website -

www.mainlandukes.com

Here's a link to MGM's online Ebay store, he's also a great guy to deal with.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Here's the link to fleamarket music where you'll find various Flukes and Fleas for sale - Once again, people only seem to have good things to say about their customer service.

www.fleamarketmusic.com

Hope these help. Let us know what you decide on

Don't forget about MMG.... He'll fix you up too, he also puts new strings on some of his deals. Check him out on ebay.....

I will second Mainland 'Ukuleles, they are a bargain for the quality of materials, workmanship, and sound. :shaka:

Top Bottom