Eh, Where you stay?

Well....a fair way from you guys. I live in a place called Medway its in kent, south east England, about 30 miles from London, I'm betting you fella's probably have nicer scenery and a better climate. in fact, I confess, I googled Oahu .... you guys seem to live in paradise!! I looked here http://www.visit-oahu.com/ I tried to find a local medway site to post as comparison but couldnt find anything I would want any one to see, haha..
What about occupation...thought it might be interesting to see what fellow uke players do for a living. work/study etc , I'm in medicine, I'm a technician and noticed I'm not the only med tech here on the forums could there be a freaky pattern forming here?

If you want to see what a really beautiful place to live looks like you need to go to where Aldrine, Aaron and I grew up, Kauai. I live in Honolulu now and theres no comparison. Oahu, Honolulu more specifically, is like post-Federline Brittney Spears. You remember her being kind of hot but now shes just smelly and disgusting.

Hey Unplanned at least you guys got some great television there. American TV just ruins any great show that comes out of the UK.

If you want to see what a really beautiful place to live looks like you need to go to where Aldrine, Aaron and I grew up, Kauai. I live in Honolulu now and theres no comparison. Oahu, Honolulu more specifically, is like post-Federline Brittney Spears. You remember her being kind of hot but now shes just smelly and disgusting.

Hey Unplanned at least you guys got some great television there. American TV just ruins any great show that comes out of the UK.

Hey Rayan:

I just got back from Kauai in Nov. It was nice. I was doing the tourist thing and saw the tourist areas when I visited my family there. Your island is really beautiful. The only complaint I had was Hanalei.

Hanalei was pretty and all, but I felt out of place cause it seemed like everyone there was from the mainland or something. It was a different kind of vibe. Do you guys feel the same or is it just me?

Oahu isn't that bad though. (Then again, I DID just get back from Dallas so my frame of reference might be a little skewed.) I think Oahu is like anywhere in the world though, sometimes you have to search for the beauty. Unfortunately, it is getting fewer and farther between. Never the less, it is still home so we got to take the good with the bad. :)

Hey Rayan:

I just got back from Kauai in Nov. It was nice. I was doing the tourist thing and saw the tourist areas when I visited my family there. Your island is really beautiful. The only complaint I had was Hanalei.

Hanalei was pretty and all, but I felt out of place cause it seemed like everyone there was from the mainland or something. It was a different kind of vibe. Do you guys feel the same or is it just me?

Oahu isn't that bad though. (Then again, I DID just get back from Dallas so my frame of reference might be a little skewed.) I think Oahu is like anywhere in the world though, sometimes you have to search for the beauty. Unfortunately, it is getting fewer and farther between. Never the less, it is still home so we got to take the good with the bad. :)

Oahu has its good parts but i live right smack in town in Honolulu and it sucks... Haha I should move out of the city. Country boy no can handle...

true enough... the bbc makes great tv....but who needs tv when you fellas have got surf..fishing... volcano's... hawaiian ladies etc;)

Reigning/Raining from Seattle here. crappy weather here this time of year fo sho, but still a beautiful place to be if on the mainland.

I visited Oahu for the first time last April to check out the Kokua festival - good show btw. Went with my GF, who has been all over the islands in the past. Yeah, it was kinda touristy in places, but I really enjoyed the vibe and various places. While we only got a few days to check it all out, I dug the north shore.

I was a little bummed out to hear Kokua will be in Oahu again this year. I think the one before was in Maui, so was hoping they might pick another island I could explore a little more. We might go a couple days early and check out the big island a bit before heading to the festival...

Cheers,
Michael

Attachments

• Koa Soprano 164.jpg
    Koa Soprano 164.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Koa Soprano 158.jpg
    Koa Soprano 158.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Koa Soprano 147.jpg
    Koa Soprano 147.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 6
  • Koa Soprano 155.jpg
    Koa Soprano 155.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Koa Soprano 152.jpg
    Koa Soprano 152.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 7
  • Koa Soprano 165.jpg
    Koa Soprano 165.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Koa Soprano 139.jpg
    Koa Soprano 139.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Koa Soprano 157.jpg
    Koa Soprano 157.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Koa Soprano 149.jpg
    Koa Soprano 149.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 6
  • Koa Soprano 159.jpg
    Koa Soprano 159.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 7
Reigning/Raining from Seattle here. crappy weather here this time of year fo sho, but still a beautiful place to be if on the mainland.

I know all about the rain in the Pacific Northwest. I lived in Oregon for 4 years for college.

I know exactly what you mean ... my Dad is from Hanalei and when I was growing up we used to spend a lot of time down there on the weekends. It used to be really country out there; an even slower pace compared to the rest of the island. All local taro farmers and fishermen with families. Now when I go back there, I don't even recognize it. It's like watching The OC. and everyone has something to sell. and neon colors are making a comeback. and the people with brown faces are cast as extras. stocking shelves in the back, with no lines or contribution to plot.:confused:

socal. cerritos, ca. 562. l.a. county

but i'm always driving EVERYWHERE so someone hit me up

I live here in Thousand Oaks, CA in Ventura County, about an hour north of Los Angeles. I work for a biotech company as a Systems Analyst.

I've been to Oahu, Maui and Kauai, but I would have to agree with Rayan that Kauai is the best. I'm going again this year and hoping to visit the Big Island too :D

I went to Ventura for the warped tour last summer. It was a fun road trip! And of course a fun concert.

I've been to Kauai before aswell. I go every once in a while to visit my uncle. Im not sure if you heard of him but his name is Clyde Letreta. He plays music for a living at the Mariot Hotel i think or whatever hotel is by Kalapaki Bay. he also has an album out. He offered to teach me Guitar but im sticking to the uke;)

Ventura is about 30 minutes North from where I live. I'ts a nice coastal city. I used to go there more often when I lived in Oxnard (it's right next to Ventura).

I went to Ventura for the warped tour last summer. It was a fun road trip! And of course a fun concert.

Top Bottom