Song Help Request would it even be possible to cover this song???

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
ok for the record, if it werent for the great people and help i received from this forum, i wouldnt even be thinking about trying to do this. but one day. just one day, i would like to play gabriella's part while my brother plays rodrigo's... ON DA UKE!

can it be done?

has anyone ever tried on uke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU68qT4T1bE

yeah i was using that video when i made a SORRY attempt at it on the guitar hahaha. but now that i know what i know now, i think i might be able to eventually get it down.

i have the into down to where all i need to do is practice it. i know the beat. i know the tempo. and i can get all the triples in where i need them. i just gotta get the timing down.

Cool! ya i dont think my hand was made for strumming like that. u got me beat there buddy. ya u heard me right... go head and gloat! haha!

Cool! ya i dont think my hand was made for strumming like that. u got me beat there buddy. ya u heard me right... go head and gloat! haha!
im going to screen cap this, print it, make copies, and pass it out to the whole fam.

for the other thread...
FACT: I actually am better at SOMETHING than my brother. hahaha.

Shouldn't be a problem Nuke. The strumming is the hardest part but its not too bad. Good luck. Post up a vid when you can.

Wow.....HUGE crowd. Was that crowd just for them??

ah yeah! rod and gab helped me learn alot of new strums on my ukulele. Someone should definitely do a version with 2 UKES! :D

Hey nuke, have you tried it using a roll between your thumb and pointer and doing a scratch or chunk instead of slapping the whole hand down?

seeso- Oh by the way, the is the guitar tab off on rodrigo's part?

Code:
For those who need it :D
Here's Rod's part for uke:
A|--3-------3--2-------2--5--3-------3--5--3--2-------------|
E|----5---5------3---3---------3---3------------5-4---------|
C|------4----------2-------------4--------------------------|
G|----------------------------------------------------------|

A|--3-------3--2-------2--5--3-------3--5--3--7--5----------|
E|----5---5------3---3---------3---3----------------7-------|

ah yeah! rod and gab helped me learn alot of new strums on my ukulele. Someone should definitely do a version with 2 UKES! :D

Hey nuke, have you tried it using a roll between your thumb and pointer and doing a scratch or chunk instead of slapping the whole hand down?

seeso- Oh by the way, the is the guitar tab off on rodrigo's part?

Code:
For those who need it :D
Here's Rod's part for uke:
A|--3-------3--2-------2--5--3-------3--5--3--2-------------|
E|----5---5------3---3---------3---3------------5-4---------|

A|--3-------3--2-------2--5--3-------3--5--3--7--5----------|
E|----5---5------3---3---------3---3----------------7-------|
yeah right now im in the middle of chunking and slapping. im so used to chunking that it sometimes comes out like that, but later on in the song there is a part where gab pounds the heel of her hand on the lower bout of the guitar to get that lower bass effect. with the undersaddle pickup that should be pretty pronounced when plugged in. so i want to try to keep it as close as i can. even with the triples. as i get better at the strum patterns and more comfortable with the song, ill change it up a bit here and there where my own feel for the music can flow.

ok so check it out. ive been practicing this sucka here and there between patients. i dont have it down to where im confident with it yet. but i think its a good start, considering i just made up my mind today that i wanted to cover this song. hahaha. lemme know what you think. constructive criticism is welcome too.

note: im chunking instead of slapping. still not used to the slap. and the chunk comes more natural to me.

"Rodrigo's solo isnt the problem haha. im sure bugoy can get the whole song down in a day. but gabriela's strumming is so intricate. the best i can do is watch as many different videos of her playing as i can."

I have to say, I was more impressed with her strumming than his picking. She's Jake fast.

ok so check it out. ive been practicing this sucka here and there between patients. i dont have it down to where im confident with it yet. but i think its a good start, considering i just made up my mind today that i wanted to cover this song. hahaha. lemme know what you think. constructive criticism is welcome too.

note: im chunking instead of slapping. still not used to the slap. and the chunk comes more natural to me.

Dude, I am impressed. The chunk works for me.

Top Bottom