Deal spotting.

petah

Reaction score
Ebay: 280362405145

Gold label Kamaka

Oooooh... nice catch!

JJ

looks good for the price. in a guitar store near my house they have a Tenor Kamaka with a OLD label that has Samuel Kamaka's signature on it.
Some custom piece I figure.

1k Canadian.

great find. but keep in mind we want to keep this marketplace simply for selling your ukulele, or for those that want to buy an ukulele. this kind of post should be in the Uke Talk section, i believe.

As a heads up, Tightbond is not the preferred glue for crack repair. It has a low heat point, which means a day in the sun could soften the glue. Hideglue would be preferrable.

I love hide glue. One day I will get a uke made with the stuff.

Amen on the hide glue, recently repaired my old 1915 Kumalae with the stuff, actually easy to work with.

I was bidding on a very nice Kamaka soprano - gold label - last week that sold for something like $275. Had one very small crack that had been professionally repaired, otherwise was in beautiful shape. I bid $200 and was the top bidder right up to the end. I have no idea why the seller didn't get more!

Amen on the hide glue, recently repaired my old 1915 Kumalae with the stuff, actually easy to work with.

I completely agree with the ease of working with the stuff.

-It's been used for hundreds of years yet today people are afraid to use it...
stradivarius' use it... need I say more on it's quality?

And if you are a little hungry in the shop you can always add a little Koolaid and some water and make jello. Try that with Wood glue..

Top Bottom