koa pili koko scam?

shimpiphany

Reaction score
UPDATE: not a scam - this is local.kinz from ebay, a very patient person that endured an annoying vetting by me.

he is an authorized KPK dealer, and is great to deal with, fixed a small problem i had right away with no questions.

Highly recommended!

Last edited:
I recently bought a tenor from the guy on ebay named localz.kine(sorry Mike)! He is definitely legit and he's pretty knowledgeable too. Make him a decent offer, he's willing to dicker...I won't tell you how shamelessly low I got my Beyonce for!:p These come from the factory with GHS strings on them, he likes Aquila's except for the wound C, I found a set of Ko'olau Gold, (new item) with a wound C & high G, the new models are lazer cut so they are smooth as butter to play...gave my baby the voice she deserves! :music:

I recently bought a tenor from the guy on ebay named localz.kine(sorry Mike)! He is definitely legit and he's pretty knowledgeable too. Make him a decent offer, he's willing to dicker...I won't tell you how shamelessly low I got my Beyonce for!:p These come from the factory with GHS strings on them, he likes Aquila's except for the wound C, I found a set of Ko'olau Gold, (new item) with a wound C & high G, the new models are lazer cut so they are smooth as butter to play...gave my baby the voice she deserves! :music:

I bought a KPK tenor from him, too (I thought he WAS mike:rolleyes:). He is the same guy who advertised on Craigslist in SLC, as I found out, and he was beyond excellent to deal with.

That same ad posts all over Craigslist - all with a contact of jacglobaltrading@somethingorother (not going to advertise for him/her here). I think I recall MGM saying he wasn't factory authorized and that warranties wouldn't be honored - but I'm not positive about that, so just be sure to really check it out before jumping...

I recently bought a tenor from the guy on ebay named localz.kine(sorry Mike)! He is definitely legit and he's pretty knowledgeable too.

I bought a KPK tenor from him, too (I thought he WAS mike:rolleyes:). He is the same guy who advertised on Craigslist in SLC, as I found out, and he was beyond excellent to deal with.

That same ad posts all over Craigslist - all with a contact of jacglobaltrading@somethingorother (not going to advertise for him/her here).

jacglobaltrading, and localz.kine are two different sellers jacglobaltrading stating in his website (http://jacukulele.ocnk.biz), and I quote "Refunds under any circumstances are NOT ACCEPTABLE." jacglobaltrading I believe is a Chinese national whereas localz.kine is a local kama'aina Hawaii seller. I have personally met localz.kine and bought my KPK from him at a price I won't repeat here. From my experience too localz.kine is legitimate and I will do more business from him in the future but I have my doubts about jacglobaltrading. He sells pineapple KPKs on his website even though he has none in inventory so puts you and your money on a wait-list unless you ask first before paying, no thanks. :mad:

Last edited:
I too bought a tenor off localzkine for around 180 and couldnt be happier. He even took pictures off all the tenors he had so I could choose which wood grain I liked best.

the economy is so low. maybe this could deal with the reason why the prices might seem like a scam?

nonetheless, experimentjon is right. its hard to get scammed on craigslist because its never delivered, you go and check it out and see for yourself. thats what makes it better than eBay in a lot of ways.

how can this guy meet up with anyone when he's all around the place? his ads show up on the san diego craigslist as well.

for those of you that dealt with this person, did you meet with someone or did you "order" it through the ad then have it delivered?

sketch sketchy. he posts every other day here in the bay area too. maybe he has a hundred cousins strategically located.:)

I have no idea where the home base of Jacglobal is located but localz.kine is in Honolulu and I believe he sells only on local Honolulu Craigslist, and on eBay. I have met Monte to buy my soprano KPK and he was knowledgeable and a very nice guy. I'm getting a KPK pineapple from him as soon as he gets them in. :shaka:

I have no idea where the home base of Jacglobal is located but localz.kine is in Honolulu and I believe he sells only on local Honolulu Craigslist, and on eBay. I have met Monte to buy my soprano KPK and he was knowledgeable and a very nice guy. I'm getting a KPK pineapple from him as soon as he gets them in. :shaka:

Ahnko has pointed out a very important difference in the ads - and the two are very similar in appearance (I check out the Honolulu Craigslist all the time - that's how I found my Kanile'a concert). Jacglobal is the one that posts all over the country and raises my concerns about how above board the organization is. localz.kine is Honolulu and has several good reports here - sounds like a great deal from a good guy...so be sure of the identity of the seller before being too skeptical!

Top Bottom