Premium Kala ukuleles

liquid_wind

Reaction score
I have never played anything better than my laminate Kala mahogany, but the sound is alright and the build seems great. I guess my question is if/when Kala starts building some Solid koa ukuleles, would they be in the same league as the top line of production ukuleles. (Kamaka, Koolau, Koaloha) Is made in the US better quality, or do we just like to support local markets?

Any answers appreciated.

I have never played anything better than my laminate Kala mahogany, but the sound is alright and the build seems great. I guess my question is if/when Kala starts building some Solid koa ukuleles, would they be in the same league as the top line of production ukuleles. (Kamaka, Koolau, Koaloha) Is made in the US better quality, or do we just like to support local markets?

Any answers appreciated.

I just got a Kala Solid Acacia.

For 300 bucks I am blown away. It sounds like a much better uke than the price and it looks incredible.

HOWEVER!

I wouldn't put in the same league as my Kamaka and Kanile'a. Ukes made by factories in China don't make as quality of ukes as that of makers in Hawaii and the mainland. I would never put a Kala and Kamaka on the same level. That doesn't mean Kala makes bad ukuleles though. (I own two Kalas and love em)

But I guess what I'm wondering is what sets them apart, I am happy with my Kala, I just don't know what it is that's the great improvement. Little tinkering?

Top Bottom