Bass Uke!

I don't, but I have an original Ashbory. The strings are made of silicone and on the Ashbory fretless have a very nice sound. Word or caution: the D and G string need to be detuned when not in use or they break. I lost two Gs and a D in the first month with the bass just hanging on the wall. These strings also need a regular dose of talcum powder or Slide-Rite while playing or they wear down your fingers and stick to the fretboard.

The babying of Ashbory strings was a little much for me so I have a Kala U Bass coming from MusicGuyMic.

Thanks for the heads up. I also had an Ashbory for a while, but gave it to a friend. He said it was the most un-usual wedding present he has ever heard of, but LOVES the bass.

Owen Holt's Road Toad poly strings are a good option for the Ashbory to make it less of a pain to maintain. Now that I have played them on the Kala, I will get a set for the Ashbory since all the silicone strings I have bought for it have broken on their own. The poly strings seem even looser than the silcones. There's an article on how to install them on the Ashbory. It might be helpful for other microbass owners as well.

No, but I wish...

The ukulele strings are not same compare to the standerd.

Top Bottom