My tuners

If this was your uke and your tuners were upside down, would you...

• Leave the tuners as is.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Remove and install them right side up.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dino

Reaction score
My very first uke I owned was made by an uncle of mine. Even though the uke has its issues and not the perfect uke, it is still my first one and will probably never get rid of it unless it breaks or something. Anyway, the tuners were installed upside down. My question is would you go ahead and re-install the tuners the correct way? Its going to end up leaving me with 4 small holes. I have to replace the strings so I was just curious what you guys would do?

I'd leave them as is. Gives the uke some character.

what do you mean by "upside down"? could you post a pic?

Here is 2 pics. Front and back. Instead of seeing "Grover", I see "Revorg".

One problem I run into is playing chords on the first fret. Depending on what chord it is, like Fm. My finger ends up pushing into the A tuner.

Attachments

• P1013114.jpg
    P1013114.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 43
  • P1013115.jpg
    P1013115.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 34
I'm with Seeso, leave um be in honor of Uncle this 'ukulele being a family heirloom. Isn't Revorg the deluxe Swedish tuner manufacturer? ;)

I'm with Seeso, leave um be in honor of Uncle this 'ukulele being a family heirloom. Isn't Revorg the deluxe Swedish tuner manufacturer? ;)

I'm with them, leave it as is. You can make it a talking point, every time someone asks you why they are like that, you can tell them about your uncle, what a great way to remember him.

If they're getting in the way of your playing, turn them around. Looks like you already have the holes there for the proper orientation, so you'll just be moving the location of the small holes.

If they don't bother you that much, however, then I'd leave them as-is for the character...

I think these are not the original tuners anyway...the holes already in there don't match up to the single screw hole required for this type of tuner.

I think these are not the original tuners anyway...the holes already in there don't match up to the single screw hole required for this type of tuner.

I'm with Tim on this one. You should switch them to correct the rotation of the tuners. You got holes showing already. All you will be doing is changing which holes will be showing. i.e. it's the same difference...switch'em out dude..e.lo...

I'm with Tim on this one. You should switch them to correct the rotation of the tuners. You got holes showing already. All you will be doing is changing which holes will be showing. i.e. it's the same difference...switch'em out dude..e.lo...
then you'l have another unused screw hole.:eek: (EDIT. 4 more Screw holes)

Last edited:

You are right. He had tuners put in, but I forgot what kind they were. I think I bought these cause I like the metal looking ones. I had picked these up from Easy Music Center here and asked him to put the ones I have on there now.

Top Bottom