Changing Strings..

Jerrizo

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I have a KALA KA-C and I need to change strings for the first time.
I was wondering what are some good strings for this uke, and I really want a white C string, but idk what the difference are, etc.
Could someone help me out with some input, thanks a lot. :shaka:

I like Aquilas on all my mahogany ukes, including my Kala tenor. They really project and have a nice, defined tone without the muddiness I find from most softer strings.

YMMV. Strings are very subjective things. IIRC, Ken Middleton isn't keen on Aquilas for mahogany ukes.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Like I said, personally I like the Aquilas.

Last edited:
A white C string... in that case you'll want an Aquila for the C. How 'bout a worth brown for the E, a kala red for the G, and a Ko'olau Gold for the A?

Hey guys.
I have a KALA KA-C and I need to change strings for the first time.
I was wondering what are some good strings for this uke, and I really want a white C string, but idk what the difference are, etc.
Could someone help me out with some input, thanks a lot. :shaka:

Aquilla's sound good on Kala's, you can go High G (white) or Low G (silver wound), and both sets have white C strings. The new KA-C come with Aquillas from Kala.

thanks guys, will go to the store when i have the chance and get some new strings

I just replaced the Aquilla nylguts on my Kala concert with D'Addario Pro Arte strings, I'm really impressed with them. They sound very balanced and have a nice rich mellow tone. You might want to consider these as well.

And don't forget fluorocarbon strings. I have a set of Fremont hard tension on my Vita that really made it come alive. :D

Top Bottom