Keith Ogata

iamsam

Reaction score
I've been playing ukulele for around a year and a half now and am really enjoying it. I have the chance to buy a Keith Ogata but the pricetag matches the caliber of ukulele, unfortunately.
As I live in rural England, the only choice I have when buying a ukulele is to order online.
I just missed a Pono PTO for £205 aswell.
Do you guys reckon I should hold out for another Pono priced uke or spend a little more money on the Ogata as it's a better quality?
-Sam

If you want the Ogata, get it. Pono's are good instruments for a mass produced product and they are finished and set up in Hawai'i. But the chance to get a hand made instrument is too good to pass up. Visit Sean Yacavone's website, he has two of 'em available at this time. Good Luck in your decision.

The guy 1st said that he wouldn't let it go for any less than £320 + pp which seems waay to low. That is 75% of the money I have as I'm a jobless seventeen y/o. I'll take a shot at it at around that money but I'm expecting to to reach something like £500.

Can anyone recommend a good brand around the £250 mark? Bearing in mind the inflated cost.

I say secondary market...

You can get a Kbrand for around 350 usd.

How about value, this one is about a year old. Will it depreciate in value at all?

Sorry for all the questions, ££ is hard to come by and I'd like to spend it wisely.

Thanks everyone

How about value, this one is about a year old. Will it depreciate in value at all?

Sorry for all the questions, ££ is hard to come by and I'd like to spend it wisely.

Thanks everyone

I'd ask myself why is it selling so cheaply...

Market for lemons come to mind...

Thanks everyone

I'm not sure, I know he's become better and better with his builds. Check them both out and see what you like better.

Got to play Adellethegreat's Ogata Tenor at the Ukulele World Congress. (At least I think it was Adelle's. It's all a blur now.) I had looked at these as an option about a year ago because I though the un-hole-y solid soundboard and side hole would sound great. It honestly did. A beautiful uke that's well crafted and sounds incredible. I'm a fan of unique ukes, so you know what I'd vote for.

I own two and have played a third. I love them! but remember they are hand made and all hand made ukes have "personality and character".

Plus a hefty price tag:eek:

I completely agree. I'll take a shot at it. £102 at the minute with just under 3 days left.
I really don't expect to win it though.

Top Bottom