D'addario string problem

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
So got the d'addario from UU today... and I like them so far, only problem is I can't get the A string to tune to A. Like, Wtf. I literally have been turning the peg for the last 10 minutes.. it's stuck between E, F, and F#.. any tips? I don't think i have the strings wrong, because the G and A strings are exactly the same anyway...

any tips?

:(

It's probably slipping, so the string keeps sliding through rather than tightening.

Check the string's tail at the bridge and see if it get shorter as you turn the tuner. If so, you need to knot it more securely...maybe add an extra twist to the knot.

It's probably slipping, so the string keeps sliding through rather than tightening.

Check the string's tail at the bridge and see if it get shorter as you turn the tuner. If so, you need to knot it more securely...maybe add an extra twist to the knot.

BINGO. Thanks tons, this worked like a charm... So how long should I wait to cut the ends off the strings... and should I put them through the tuner hole again, so they don't fall apart when OI tighten them or just cut them where theya re now?

right now I have the string ends in circles but that's not my style

I usually wait a couple of days before I cut the string ends...just in case.

It bugs me to have it so messy looking (not my style, either), but I'd hate to cut them and then have one need to be restrung and be too short.

I usually wait a couple of days before I cut the string ends...just in case.

It bugs me to have it so messy looking (not my style, either), but I'd hate to cut them and then have one need to be restrung and be too short.

Yeah that's what I'm probably going to do. I'm too paranoid to cut it right away.

aldrine's got a uke minute video about restringing. Check the video archive. I'm too lazy.

Yeah I checked it out a few times before I strung my uke the first time.. with martins..

i LOVE THESE STRINGS they're amazing, i can strum them lightly and it sounds like i'm pounding on them.. love them love them loooooove them

Thanks UU :nana:

. . . because the G and A strings are exactly the same anyway...
:(
Not really and FWIW, there is a small difference in diameter. The A string -.0285 and the G string - .0290

Does anyone know how to fix a buzzing string?? Ever since my first switch of strings, my E string has had a slight buzz.. i can hear it pretty well and it's really annoying.. no idea how to fix it so any help would be sweet

actually it just might be that the extra strings i have on it still.. the last strings I had on def. buzzed, this one I guess is okay then? lol

Top Bottom