Arrived! Waverly St. Banjo Uke #89

Uke-lahoma

Reaction score
Yesterday, I received my Waverly Street banjo uke from Dave G. It has a chestnut neck, a rosewood fretboard, and geared Grover tuners. It sounds and looks great.

Now the experiments begin. I'm going to replace the standard, synthetic head with a goatskin head, and I'll probably try a Grover bridge to compare it to the one it has now.

I have played one of these numerous times and they rock. The clarity and volume is just amazing. Actually I have had a chance to play with some of Dave's experiments as he developed this. I think the plastic head sounds better, which is why Dave opted for it in the end.

Good looking ukulele!

Looks nice!How does it sounds?

I like the sound. I'll try to record an audio using my Zoom H-2 this evening.

The backside of the body is open?

Yes, there is no resonator on the uke. The body is a DADI hand drum adapted to a new purpose.

ah that looks really cool. I'm curious to how it sounds. Are you going to post up videos for us to hear? :)

If I can dig up a webcam, I may give a video a try (I've not posted one before.) Otherwise, it will just be audio. psesinkclee also has a Waverly St. banjo uke and posted a video.

Nice. I'm in the mood for a concert these days and I am waffling between a Fluke and a banjo uke. Hmm...

Top Bottom