PDA

View Full Version : Arrived! Waverly St. Banjo Uke #89

Uke-lahoma
06-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Yesterday, I received my Waverly Street banjo uke (http://www.wsukes.com/89/u89.html) from Dave G. It has a chestnut neck, a rosewood fretboard, and geared Grover tuners. It sounds and looks great.

Now the experiments begin. I'm going to replace the standard, synthetic head with a goatskin head, and I'll probably try a Grover bridge to compare it to the one it has now.

Playscool39
06-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Looks nice!How does it sounds?

jkevinwolfe
06-25-2009, 12:04 AM
I have played one of these numerous times and they rock. The clarity and volume is just amazing. Actually I have had a chance to play with some of Dave's experiments as he developed this. I think the plastic head sounds better, which is why Dave opted for it in the end.

ukulele2544
06-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Good looking ukulele!

Denno
06-25-2009, 12:23 AM
The backside of the body is open?

davoomac
06-25-2009, 12:49 AM
ah that looks really cool. I'm curious to how it sounds. Are you going to post up videos for us to hear? :)

Uke-lahoma
06-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Looks nice!How does it sounds?

I like the sound. I'll try to record an audio using my Zoom H-2 this evening.

The backside of the body is open?

Yes, there is no resonator on the uke. The body is a DADI hand drum adapted to a new purpose.

ah that looks really cool. I'm curious to how it sounds. Are you going to post up videos for us to hear? :)

If I can dig up a webcam, I may give a video a try (I've not posted one before.) Otherwise, it will just be audio. psesinkclee also has a Waverly St. banjo uke and posted a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3_-KOgZetQ).

dnewton2
07-11-2009, 04:18 AM
Now the experiments begin. I'm going to replace the standard, synthetic head with a goatskin head, and I'll probably try a Grover bridge to compare it to the one it has now.

Have you tried out you experiment yet? I am curious if the drum head difference will make a big difference in sound.

Tanizaki
07-11-2009, 05:14 AM
Nice. I'm in the mood for a concert these days and I am waffling between a Fluke and a banjo uke. Hmm...