Good strings to put on a fluke

JosephBautista

Reaction score
sooooo what do yall think of D'Addario J65 Nylon Ukulele Strings on a fluke? xD im not sure what kinds of strings sound good on teh fluke, sooo are there any fluke owners out there that would care to give meh advice on strings? im still rockin teh stock strings :confused:

yo JP, i just put ko'olau golds on my fluke. i like the sound so far. but being that is my first ukulele and first change of strings, i really have nothing to compare it to. i do like the feel of the new strings compared to the stock ones though.

let me know how them d'addarios go.

cheers!

yo JP, i just put ko'olau golds on my fluke. i like the sound so far. but being that is my first ukulele and first change of strings, i really have nothing to compare it to. i do like the feel of the new strings compared to the stock ones though.

let me know how them d'addarios go.

cheers!

hehe aiiight russel :D thx for da advice dude hehe we gotta jam again soooon and the whole potluck @ DeSilvas was unexpected i coulda brang lumpia :(

haha yeah. everybody loves lumpia! then your fingers can be all greased out and you'll be sliding all over that fretboard like a madman!

You've got a TENOR Fluke, right? Standard 'C' tuning? (Not LowG?) I'll assume my guesses are right, so . . .

I like the Aquila strings myself (used them for a couple years), but lately I've been playing on the Worth strings and to me they sound as good if not better, but what I noticed was the lack of finger noise moving to the smoother finished Worth strings.

I have not personally tried the J65's, or any from that maker, so I can't give you an opinion on them. Were it me, I would try the Worth CT (clear tenor, medium tension) for now. They will be much more responsive on your Fluke than the stockers (Hilo's I think? -- whatever they are, they feel like noodles to me). If you determine later than you like an even harder feel and more volume the CH (clear tenor, harder) also, but I think the CT's on your Fluke will be plenty loud.

Have fun!

even though im soooo over the aquila thing, ive played two flukes. and the one that i played that was strung with aquilas was real nice. the other one... well meh. (sorry, bj. hahaha i think i have some spare aquilas around here. lets string up your fluke bro)

hehe yeah doc these stock strings are crap i neva tried aquilas and worth cts are hella HELLA expensive fckin $15.00 for a set o_O

hehe but chea doc ill buy em from you :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom