Are the current KoAloha ukulele's bridges screwed on?

petah

Reaction score
Also is there any detailed info on their construction process?

yes, our bridges are screwed on. specifically what did you want to know about the construction process?

are they "bolted" on like vintage Gibson's adjustable bridges?

( Personally I think it's great to have this on a slack string instrument just ads a bit of durability)

Neck joint: How is it attached?
Glue used?
any other hardware?

I have an endo cam I will be able to figure out the rest.

sorry must bump this. I'm very inquisitive.

are they "bolted" on like vintage Gibson's adjustable bridges?

( Personally I think it's great to have this on a slack string instrument just ads a bit of durability)

I haven't done much assembly, but from what I know, we use 2 small screws in addition to glue. The screws go right through the bracing on the face.

The neck join its glued on, usually by Alan, our president. He's a stickler for perfection, so they're never not glued correctly and they're always dead centered.

hm, so the two little screws go through the bridge, sound board and through the bridge brace? They aren't bolts? Interesting. After watching luthier's videos and inspecting plenty of acoustic guitars the bridges are always only glued unless it's adjustable. Also the uni-brace ( all bracing ) I suppose it's similar to the Bruko bracing. The neck joint is mortise and tenon or dowel?

We glue and screw the bridges to get a good bond, as well as have a backup when the glue fails. You are correct. The screws go through the bridge, face, and sound bar. Our tenor scaled models are only glued down.

The neck joint is a simple butt joint, glued up. We did dowels, biscuits, and mortised for a bit, but found that a simple glue joint works fine for us. Less than a handful of our instruments have come back from a neck joint failure and half of those were from abuse.

I'm not familiar with Bruko's current bracing system, but they may be using something similar to the unibrace.

Top Bottom