Politics Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joko

Reaction score
I'm sure you guys get lots of suggestions for different boards. I see some below this thread. How about one on politics and society to complement the General Discussion board?

I rather not have politics as part of a ukulele forum.

Besides, I don't want people to know that I'm actually a Conservative pro-choice right-wing Christian lesbian Freeper who voted for Ron Paul.;)

I don't know about anyone else but I like my ukulele free of politics.

It seems everywhere you go...Fraternal Organizations, PTA, Cub Scouts...EVERYWHERE....it's just jam packed full of political nonsense! You just can't escape it.

Politics is why this country is in the shape it's in...and it's not in great shape by any means.
There's plenty of politics in everything we do.

Having political discussions on an ukulele site would be like putting battery acid in pineapple juice.

I say nay!

I'm sure you guys get lots of suggestions for different boards. I see some below this thread. How about one on politics and society to complement the General Discussion board?

we have had some problems in the past with politics. threads had to be locked and people had to be talked to.

it may seem like a good idea, but this forum should be, MAINLY, for ukulele related purposes.

Just say no - all it will do is create animosity.

Ask yourself this: Have you EVER had your mind changed about a significant political (or religious) belief you have, based on a post in an Internet forum?

I'll betcha that answer is no.

That's because people don't discuss politics online to learn or embrace new thinking; they do it to voice their own opinions. It's not a real discussion, just a competition of opinions, with all participants simply waiting their turn to talk, rather than listening and seeking new ways of thinking. People post their political opinions hoping to convince and convert others, yet with no willingness to have their own thinking converted. To me that's a waste of time.

By contrast, I constantly come away from ukulele-related posts with new insights about ukuleles, music, etc.

There are plenty of more appropriate places on the Internet for such discussions. I hope we don't bring them into this house.

Let's keep poly-ticks out of this

I rather not have politics as part of a ukulele forum.

Besides, I don't want people to know that I'm actually a Conservative pro-choice right-wing Christian lesbian Freeper who voted for Ron Paul.;)

I have to agree with everyone else. Though I can understand where the OP was coming from.

Uki- I had no idea we had SO much in common;)

Just say no - all it will do is create animosity.

Ask yourself this: Have you EVER had your mind changed about a significant political (or religious) belief you have, based on a post in an Internet forum?

I'll betcha that answer is no.

That's because people don't discuss politics online to learn or embrace new thinking; they do it to voice their own opinions. It's not a real discussion, just a competition of opinions, with all participants simply waiting their turn to talk, rather than listening and seeking new ways of thinking. People post their political opinions hoping to convince and convert others, yet with no willingness to have their own thinking converted. To me that's a waste of time.

By contrast, I constantly come away from ukulele-related posts with new insights about ukuleles, music, etc.

There are plenty of more appropriate places on the Internet for such discussions. I hope we don't bring them into this house.

+10 rep my friend!

politics can turn friends into enemies. and with the current worldwide political events going on... i just cant see any good coming out of it. my 2 cents.

but thanks for retracting the question. i'll go ahead and close this thread now since it doesnt need to go any further.

politics can turn friends into enemies. and with the current worldwide political events going on... i just cant see any good coming out of it. my 2 cents.

but thanks for retracting the question. i'll go ahead and close this thread now since it doesnt need to go any further.

that being said, im glad the black part of me doesnt have me into politics. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom