i feel like im a user :(

Samster

Reaction score
everybody here is so helpful

but its very very rarely that i can ever help anyone myself,

and i feel like im taking but not giving

but i an so greatful,

i just feel bad.

how does everyone know what they know about ukuleles?

through experience?

When I bought my first uke..I knew next to nothing.
All I knew was...Jake plays a Kamaka so they must be good.

Since getting my first uke I have been sucked into the ukulele vortex. I've learned about playing by playing. I've learned about ukulele history by reading up on it. I've learned the nuances by reading, experiencing and talking with players and builders.

It's like swimming...you won't get wet if you don't jump in the water.

Keep playing. Read about the uke. Talk with other uke players. One day you'll be able to give something back.

You're not a user, you're a beginner. We were all beginners at one time. Another thing to consider is that you are already giving something valuable, you are giving others a chance to be nice and help you learn, thus making them better people. :D

At the same time, you are giving back. Sometimes the easiest way to learn something is to teach it. And when you ask for advice the answers are here for everybody else - including those who were afraid to ask or hadn't thought to yet.

And when you ask for advice about specific songs many of us may have never heard that song before - and you broaden our horizons.

Finally, can there be anything better to receive than gratitude? So long as you give that out, you're contributing greatly to this forum

This forum is so awesome! You people are the best! Thanks for spreading the Uke-love :shaka:

Yea.. after some time, you will be able to help.. Most of my posts are nonsense but there a few that was geared towards helping out..

Remember that by asking a question you are sometimes asking something other people are afraid or didn't think to ask. So while you are helping yourself you are helping others.

You're not a user, you're a beginner. We were all beginners at one time. Another thing to consider is that you are already giving something valuable, you are giving others a chance to be nice and help you learn, thus making them better people. :D

What an EXCELLENT point hh! When all else fails, take it back to good old Karma!

Be like a the humble sponge, I sponge must absorb water first before it can give water back. :shaka:
Spongebob-Happy-spongebob-squarepants-154897_338_432.jpg

No, it's a meme.​

That's interesting and proves that no matter how little you may know in one area, you likely know lots in other areas. I had never heard of the term "Meme" so I learned something unrelated to Ukulele through Ukulele. I bet you know stuff that others will absorb.

Just think good thoughts and be a part of the collective.

"Assimilation is inevitable, resistance is futile" (The Borg/STNG) Hey, I just used one meme to convey another meme! How cool is that! Wait, my logo is a meme - OMG, they're everywhere!

Fun, is it not?

Last edited:
My personal opinion on the learning of skills includes this little idea. You have not truly mastered a skill until you have taught that skill to someone else. I believe that is true because teaching someone something you know makes you think about exactly what it is that you can do and put it into words that someone who has no experiance of that skill can understand. Doing that tends to bring an even deeper understanding of the skill to yourself.

When you look at your asking for help in that light, you are providing a valuable service to players on the next rung of the ladder. If they can explain what they know to someone that needs the knowledge, they will gain a deeper understanding of that knowledge themself.

So I think I speak for all of us when I say please keep giving us the opportunity to help.

Top Bottom