My uke just came in!

normantxt

Reaction score
Hi all! My first ukulele just came in the mail today. I got the OS OU4 tenor. I was just wondering what strings they are and what are they tuned to? I opened the gig bag that they gave me and i found a tag for aquila strings and i dont know whether they are aquila strings or not.

Great, and good for you. You're gonna have lots of fun:shaka:! Most Tenor ukes are tuned (C) GCEA (the G can be High or Low), guess yours too. Some ukes are tuned (D) ADF#B . I'm a noob on ukes, so others can tell u more about ur strings.

Last edited:
i read on wiki that tenors can be tuned to "gc'e'a', g'c'e'a', or d'gbe'" and i tried using the ukulele tuner website but i still cant tell. should i just get those clip on tuners?

Hi all! My first ukulele just came in the mail today. I got the OS OU4 tenor. I was just wondering what strings they are and what are they tuned to? I opened the gig bag that they gave me and i found a tag for aquila strings and i dont know whether they are aquila strings or not.

Yes, they are Aquila Nylguts. The tuning should be gCEA (re-entrant tuning).

Yes, they are Aquila Nylguts. The tuning should be gCEA (re-entrant tuning).

Pippin,

I read on another post that GCEA refers to re-entrant tuning, and gCEA refers to low-G tuning. Is this not the case? I'm sure you'd know better than I do....

the g string does sound pretty low. the c string is a lot thicker than the other 3 strings. do aquila strings feel like fishing line? im not sure whether the person who sold me it left the aquila tags inside the gig bag just to trick me into thinking that the uke i bought has aquila strings already

congrats on the oscar schmidt, i have a tenor and love it. to answer your question, aquilas shouldn't really feel like fishing line. are they white? aquilas are the only white string that i'm aware of.

Picture, or it never happened.

eh too lazy to take my camera out. anyways, yes they are white. do aquila strings usually come with a thicker C string?

eh too lazy to take my camera out. anyways, yes they are white. do aquila strings usually come with a thicker C string?

Yuppers...

Top Bottom