Happy birthday, me. My new Pono ohai tenor.

inkandsilver

Reaction score
I have been patient, and poor, but finally my birthday came and it was time to get my 2nd uke, a tenor. My first is a laminate Kala soprano. There were a lot of choices in my price range of ~$300 or less. I was set on an Ohana mahogany for a while; then I thought maybe I'd wait for the Kala acacia. But then I saw this one at MGM's store, and I could not resist. The grain is a lot more prominent than some of the others of this model I have seen, and I thought it was beautiful.

It sounds lovely, rich, full, a bit quieter than I expected. I don't like the wound C of the Golds, so I will replace them soon.

Just wanted to share my joy...

I think I'll call the last one "Uke Noir". :)

Attachments

• pono 1.jpg
    pono 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 89
  • pono front.jpg
    pono front.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 94
  • pono back.jpg
    pono back.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 63
  • pono side.jpg
    pono side.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 60
  • pono shadow.jpg
    pono shadow.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 70
Happy Birthday!! :)

Congrats *Holds up O'hai Tenor* mine came this morning from MGM, Fathers day B-day Combo!

Ooooo she's PRETTY!!!!!

Conga rats and happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!! :shaka:

Thanks everybody! I feel like I won't desire another uke for quite a while. Okay maybe a little. Unless of course I hang around this forum too much. ;) Do you think there's a forum about crack that crack addicts visit?

.... Do you think there's a forum about crack that crack addicts visit?

No, crack addicts are way more dedicated than uke players. They'd rather practice than sit on a forum and talk about it.

Now you need a partner with a matching Ohai uke. You can play funk and call yourselves the Ohai Oplayers.

WOW Beauty, congratz! :shaka:

Beautiful! I hope you enjoy your birthday present for years to come! I do agree that ponos are beautiful! A lot of the pono ohais I've seen (online or otherwise) have beautiful woodgrain, especially on their backs. And yours is no exception.

Last edited:
Top Bottom