UAS Temptation

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Get behind me Fluke!
I was just offered a Fluke with factory pickup and gig bag in excellent condition for $100. Should I give in to the dark side? Is this a decent deal? :confused:

fluke2.jpg
fluke1.jpg

Last edited:
Eh what you waiting fo? buy'em!

Get behind me Fluke!
I was just offered a Fluke with factory pickup and gig bag in excellent condition for $100. Should I give in to the dark side? Is this a decent deal? :confused:

You are asking us?!? Come on! It should be yours already! :D

If it were a Flea, I'd be all over that.

So, yes. I think you should give in. GET IT!

But, that's probably my own UAS talking. I really would LOVE to get a Flea soprano right now, but they're out of my price range when I include the shipping.

do it before i do. I just got 100 dollars for baby sitting for 2 days with a total of seven hours each day.

Now wait a minute and rethink what you are doing here.

Just be cool, and follow the three-step process.
1. PM me about where the seller is, preferably tel / email included. I will find out for you if the uke does not have any blemishes that make it unplayable. You would overlook them in your state of arousal.
2. Take a zen course and try to forget all about the Flea. I will help you remember after checking the seller's credibility, criminal record, and other important vitals, such as the willingness to actually burden you with a potentially dangerous instrument.
3. When all that is over, let's revive this thread in a week from now and see how it went.

See? Easy, painless and all thanks to the great community that is Ukulele Underground. Now take a deep breath... easy.... eeeasyyyy.... mellow... melllloooowwww..... there.

edit: dang, too late.

I have seen it work!

PS. I'm justifying this as an investment to my wife. :D
If you need justification, you can try the "good for my health" angle. I think that playing music is a great stress reliever. And stress is one of the worst enemies to our good health. Ukes cost much less than doctors visits, prescriptions, and hospital stays. And the UAS part is helpful in keeping the mind active in positive pursuits.

–Lori

If you need justification, you can try the "good for my health" angle. I think that playing music is a great stress reliever. And stress is one of the worst enemies to our good health. Ukes cost much less than doctors visits, prescriptions, and hospital stays. And the UAS part is helpful in keeping the mind active in positive pursuits.

–Lori

That argument worked at 'ukulele number 2, I'm on number 14 presently (I think) which should make me the healthiest man in Hawai'i. :D

Not really UAS

When taking inventory of your uke count and assessing the extent of your UAS, a flea or a fluke doesn't really count. Getting a fluke is not a frivolous add on to your collection, it's really a necessity.

It's the one uke that will stand there outside of a case just waiting to be grabbed when you only have one minute free between two chores. It's the one uke you can just toss int he car, not fear it will be knocked by the kids or the dog... basically it serves a very important and special function - so don't even blink. Owning one is just part of the path.

Excellent find, congratulations! I have always wanted to get my hands on a fluke and for a deal like that I would have jumped the second I saw it. Pickup and gig bag? I would have jumped for the same price w/o those things!

Top Bottom