Jake Shimabukuro's Guam Concert -- greatest evar!!

davoomac

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Okay so Jake is pretty much the coolest guy ever!

First off, the concert was amazing. Even the governor of guam came to watch lol.. The Hafa Adai Ukulele club was the opening group right before Jake. It was cool to see all the little kids ages as young as 6 playing on the stage. The coolest song they played was "On Fire" with Ryan Imamura at lead.

When the announcer lady did jake's introduction she pretty much listed out ALL of his accomplishments EVER. Jake said it was the most in depth introduction he's ever had his whole life lol :p

Anyway Jake did LOTSA songs. He did Let's Dance, Dragon, Me and Shirley T, All my Life, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Spain, some other 'jazz fusion' song, Time after Time, Orange World, Somewhere over the Rainbow, and Ended with Crazy G. Right before crazy G, Jake brought up Ryan Imamura and they jammed to a song called "Tiko Tiko". It all was amazing, nothing beats watching Jake perform live. Oh and he shared the funny story about his mom. Go watch him live and he'll probably tell it!

The part that sucked was not being allowed to take video of the performances. (but i did get audio hehe, shh) Anyway, I got vids and pics of Jake. He is the nicest guy and he really takes his time to talk with the fans. OH and I got my ukulele signed wooo!

Heres some advice: If Jake is coming to your area, STOP EVERYTHING and go to the concert! you wont regret it! :D:D

Last edited:
Okay so Jake is pretty much the coolest guy ever!

Heres some advice: If Jake is coming to your area, STOP EVERYTHING and go to the concert! you wont regret it! :D:D

Yup, Jake came to NYC, I wanted to go, but didn't commit to it. Now I see his travel intinerary does not include the east coast for a long time. and I regret not making the effort to see him when I had the chance. Heed davoomacs warning...:mad:

Last edited:
how come you couldn't take video?

how come you couldn't take video?
its to avoid pirating. most musicians that play live dont like to be video'd because the owner of the video can then make copies and sell them (if they were a holes) for a profit that the original artist will probably never get royalties for.

bleh, we couldn't take video during jake's performance because of some kind of contractual agreement. lame huh?

They said that jake really didn't care if they had video cameras or what, but it was some kind agreement that someone had made to obtain exclusive rights to the video.

But hey, all the more reason to see 'em live!!

Last edited:
ha dave you texted me pretty early about meeting jake haha. Good stuff tho, I need to go check out another jake concert.

That was sweet dude, thanks.

Yep...Jake owns it live!! Anyone who loves the uke HAS to go see him. Its cool to see you guys so stoked on Jake...he deserves it as much as anyone I think. Awesome clip about UU..nice!

Nice one Dave and Eleo! I wonder what Jake must be thinking now that every city he goes to someone comes up to him and says that they're part of the ukulele underground. Must seem like Fight Club or something.

Nice one Dave and Eleo! I wonder what Jake must be thinking now that every city he goes to someone comes up to him and says that they're part of the ukulele underground. Must seem like Fight Club or something.
haha he was surprised when we told me we were part of UU but when we told him that you and aldrine said whats up he was like oh man tell them HI for me! I haven't talk to them in a long time! haha it was saweet dude!

Hey those of you who gets to see Jake perform live, please ask him when he's going to come play in Minnesota! Maybe he can tour the Mall of America and play in the rotunda stage or something. LOL!

Anyway, cool videos guys. I hope one day I can attend one of his concerts. Chances of him coming to MN is probably none and less...

Top Bottom