youtube resources

whetu

Reaction score
Hey folks, beware the link flood!

So I was wondering what youtube channels you all use to advance your uke studies and skills? Maybe we could share what we're all looking at and make sure that everyone's eyes and ears are pointed in the right places...

Recently I've subscribed to musicteacher2009 (as discovered here on UU) and I have to say, Mike is a machine! I often find (when slacking off at work) 3-4 new songs a day that he has uploaded, and his teaching technique is clear, concise and easy to follow. Sure, he's not going to teach you to pluck with your teeth while the uke is behind your head and your feet are in another dimension battling the borg and the cybermen, but for beginners to intermediate players, I honestly can't recommend him enough.

Then of course we have the obvious :) We all know that Aldrine is the most engaging of the contemporary uke virtuosos, and that makes him all the more endearing to this community. He gets a rating of a trillion stars, it goes without saying. :shaka:

But what other uke channels have you subscribed to in order to up your skills? Or what youtube channels have you subscribed to that you think are worth your while for inspiration?

For skillage, apart from the above I have:
coveywood
easyukulele
hawaiimusicsupply
ukuleledotde

For inspiration from UU I've got dominicfoundthemoon, Seeso and Lisaxy424. Seeso had me at 'Under the Bridge'.. (or maybe it was 'Ain't no sunshine', or maybe it was...), and Lisa's rendition of Finger Eleven's 'One thing' absolutely blew me away. By the way Lisa, I figured out the riff.. I'm on to you! I also have chipswow, GUGUG, clarabellemusic and another machine (also here on UU): WS64. Smileyabalone is also worth a look IMO.

So, quite the collection of subs I've got - what am I missing (apart from Ken Middleton, Julia Nunes, ackeim and sweetafton23)?

p.s. It was this and not ukulele weeps that really sold me on the uke. I hope this gets tabbed some day...

Hey, I know that Music Teacher!
He uploads his own lessons..

Whats his UU username?

Thanks for including me in your list, Whetu. I appreciate the acknowledgment.

One guy who I think is usually left out of these lists is Oniyoun. The man is somewhat of an enigma, as he never shows his face in his 60 videos, of which there are some absolute gems. Take special notice of "Dear Prudence," and "Blackbird."

p.s. It was this and not ukulele weeps that really sold me on the uke. I hope this gets tabbed some day...

Well I'm learning it actually (as for a lot of songs, I'll have to focus on one ^^) I don't konw if I'm gonna tab it, don't think so cause I'm not very good at it, but maybe a video tut one day ^^

Top Bottom