DC Metro and my uke

Choboy

Reaction score
If you guys are following the news, on Monday there was a DC Metro train crash. That route is where I travel and this past week there have been 30 minutes delays.
This past week, the DC Metro has been kicking people off the train, because the train routes are not the same. So everyone this morning got kicked off the train so I busted out my uke and played for the crowd! A guy asked me for a dollar so I made a deal with him. He looks out for the police while I play my uke, and I give him a dollar. He agreed. (You can't play instruments on the Metro)
I played for about ten minutes, then my train arrived. A women told me not to leave and she thanked me for my dedication! :D
Everyone else smiled as well! I wasn't busking but just played because the uke puts a smile on everyone's face!

A few times I played on the Metro train itself, but that's more risky because people are forced to listen to me, which can make me get in bigger trouble rather than if I were to play at the station stop.

The Revolution will not be televised. It will be uke-ified.

That's sweet! Rock on!

Cool!
Keep on Uke'in' in the Free World!

That's awesome! I think you were providing a valuable service - you should be rewarded!

The DC Metro police don't have a sense of humor. They arrested a 12 year old girl for eating fries. If you got arrested for playing the uke, you'd be my hero.

Awesome! I gotta try something like this in the NYC subway. Apparently you need a busking license, but I'm not above bribery. ;) The most important part is making people smile, and if you did it, you were successful.

The DC Metro police don't have a sense of humor. They arrested a 12 year old girl for eating fries. If you got arrested for playing the uke, you'd be my hero.

ahahaha i heard about that story as well.
a metro worker walked by as i played. he didn't care.:D

Top Bottom