Let's talk about re-entrant d'gbe'!

Stackabones

Reaction score
Aquila has a set of these for tenor (my fav uke size), and I'm thinking about stringing up a uke with this tuning. Lyle Ritz used it, but I'm not sure of others?

So ... how about you? Have you used it? Do you know about those Aquilas or have you built your own set? Anything else I should know? Have you used it on a bari?

:shaka:

I already responded at HCGF, but, I'll repeat here. Yep, Lyle does play that tuning. I really love DGBE on a bari. I am contemplating a dGBE tuned extended neck tenor. That would give a different string tension and still have the re-entrant dGBE sound. Might make for a very interesting feel.

DGBE Tenor

I have used re-entrant tuning on both Bari and Tenor ukes (both Bushman Jennys). Usually get them from Just Strings, but have made them up from other sets. The D and E are the same size string. I tried the low D tuning, I just like the sound of re-entrant tuning better.

My wife plays a C-tuned Concert and when we play together it sounds really nice, partly because of the different voicings of the chords.

I am contemplating a dGBE tuned extended neck tenor. That would give a different string tension and still have the re-entrant dGBE sound. Might make for a very interesting feel.

One of our locals who goes by "Tiny Tom" has his tenor Martin guitar strung low G, C, E, A and plays it like a ukulele. Interesting role reversals here. Ric

One of our locals who goes by "Tiny Tom" has his tenor Martin guitar strung low G, C, E, A and plays it like a ukulele. Interesting role reversals here. Ric

Ric, did you ever catch that video of Scatman Crothers playing the old tenor guitar of his. They were watching it on Cosmos a long time ago and wondered if it was a baritone uke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZOhBjavJkk

Mean Dog Blues...

Last edited:
Top Bottom