Possible Trade: KoAloha for a Kamaka or Kanile'a

petah

Reaction score
-I've been playing my GF's Kamaka Soprano That I bought for her And I am really falling in love with it.
( A LOT )
-I have an incoming KoAloha Sop.with great looking Koa that I bought from a professional artist. I'd be happy to trade for a Kamaka or a Kanilea or... see below
( I will add Cash to sweeten the deal just don't ask me to stuff it in the sound -hole. I'd do a paypal transaction.)
I will get professional photos up by next week if needed
I also have my fathers recording studio so I can capture some life like sound if needed as well.

Please understand that I in no way want to Dis KoAloha and it's my very personal opinion:
I'm not happy with Construction methods.
( just by default, from all the research I have accumulated )
Regardless of how it sounds. If I were to keep it I'd have it in my luthiers hands the day it comes in and it would have the screws taken out and a Biscuit joint put in the neck joint. And I don't want to do this when I know someone will be happy with her the way she is.

I have Plenty of references On TimeZone and Bladeforums where I have done plenty of transactions.

I bought the uke for over 350 shipped I'll be happy with that or a bit less depending.

What I'm looking for:

-Mint Kamaka. Newer the better. must be a Sop. or a super Sop.
-Kanilea of any age ( would love to have one with out TRU bracing but It dosen't matter )
-Custom Sop. from a well known Luither ( any age just in good-great condition)

Id be happy adding in around 100-250 ( more if it's great deal )
So in the end of the day we are looking at 350-600+

OR

We can do a trade down to a Vintage Koaloha with traditional Construction methods. ( No butt joint and classic bracing, kerfed lining )

Let's keep all the communication to UU pm then When we start the real dealings we can Do Skype/Email/FB/MSN/smoke signals etc etc.

Now if you really want to talk Send me a text: 1-UKE-EyE-SELL

Thanks again UU and I mean no disrespect to KoAloha (I love the story)

Last edited:
Good luck...just one piece of advice, if I were you, I wouldn't post my phone number on the 'net (even at UU). Anyone here can send you a PM if they want to do the deal...

Good luck...just one piece of advice, if I were you, I wouldn't post my phone number on the 'net (even at UU). Anyone here can send you a PM if they want to do the deal...

Yeah I'm just trying to be as transparent as possible. Edited though.

Also Pm me with any deal you have in mind guys.:shaka:

If my pricing is wrong Send me a pm I'd like to move it With out it sitting on the boards for weeks.

Top Bottom