A new one born every minute! (700th post)

dnewton2

Reaction score
Well maybe not every minute but one was born today. I am now a proud (first time) father of a hansom baby boy. We haven't officially named him yet but it is looking like Jack Edward.

My wife and I went into the hospital last night because her doctor had some unusual test results and wanted to have a few more tests run. Long story short, she was kept overnight so they could induce labor this morning. After the induction started my wife was doing good but for some reason whenever she would have a contraction the babies heartrate would lower. After the doctors tried a few tricks they decided a C-section would be the best way to go. Turns out the babies cord was wrapped around his neck twice causing the lower heart rate during contrations. My wife was very nervous about the C-section but turns out it was the best possible thing we could do. I was representing my UU shirt and had a ukulele in the labor room, not for the C-section though. I have already played him a few tunes.

Here he is chilling with his Dad. (Hopefully he doesn't turn out as ugly as me.)

picture.php

(Where's the UU baby gear?)

He was about 2 and a half weeks early, weighed 6 pounds even and was 19.5 inches long (tall?). Both he and his mother are resting and doing well. Just thought I would share this with the UU community.

:shaka::smileybounce:HO'OMAIKA'I!:smileybounce::shaka:

Congratulations mate, now to bring him to love the ukulele as you do :) Assimilate! Assimilate!

Congratulations to you and your wife. What a blessing!

Congratulations! He's a cutie pie.

Have you started shopping for his sopranino yet? This is fantastic news! Have a great time and be prepared to enjoy every one of the stages of his life - even the frustrating ones!

Thanks everyone! He actually does respond to the sound of the ukulele. He heard it a lot while he was in the womb. I think is still a little ways from his first strum but as soon as he wants a uke of his own I will get him one.

Thanks agian.

He's soooo adorable! Congratulations!!

(Hope you're prepared for your share of diaper duty!):D:D:D

Congrats! :D

Top Bottom