A little pseudo-busking...

KC8AFW

Reaction score
I just wanted to share...

First, let me expalin that I've been playing ukulele for all of about a month now. I don't get to spend gobs of time practicing. So, I've learned a few chord progressions, but I only know 2 songs that I can play and sing all the way through (one of them I just started learning a day or two ago).

So...I had to take my 14 year old daughter and her friend downtown so they could hang out on the bluff (which overlooks Lake Michigan). We live in a little touristy town on Lake Michigan...and a sunny Saturday means that there are more than a few people hanging out on the bluff. I thought to myself "why not..." and grabbed my Lanikai soprano and took it with me.

While the girls hung out and did what teenage girls do, I sat around and played ukulele. Mostly I just noodled around with some chord progressions, but I did play the 2 songs I knew. As I was sitting a little ways off the main path...most people who walked by just looked and smiled. When I did decide to hang out on a bench on the main path, there were a couple of people that looked like they were looking for the tip jar (that's what I'm telling myself, anyway). All in all...it was a pretty good time.

As if that wasn't cool enough, when I took them to the local steak house for dinner later...I was waiting outside for them when I decided to grab the uke and start playing. One young lady came out of the resturant and said "Is that a ukulele?...that is so awesome". And another couple walked by and said "hey, sounds nice".

So...I just wanted to share my totally cool uke-day with the UU. Now I'll go gloat for awhile.:D

Very cool! :shaka:

A tip jar is just too obvious. Just leave your case open on the ground next to you. ;)

Sounds like you had fun. :)

Haha..yeah, your right. The girls suggested that I should have brought a case to leave out for tips, but I think I should learn more than 2 songs before I even think about that.:eek:

Haha..yeah, your right. The girls suggested that I should have brought a case to leave out for tips, but I think I should learn more than 2 songs before I even think about that.:eek:
Well, how many people are going to stick around for an extended period of time?

BTW, I've heard the thing to do is "seed" your case by throwing in a couple of $1 bills and a handful of change. People will get the idea. ;)

Top Bottom