Uke prices rising..mongoose hearing da talk

MGM

Reaction score
Kanilea has released its new price list effective July and prices are going up slightly. Its getting harder and harder to get Kanileas as they produce only slightly more than 100 plus ukes a month for the whole world....Other makers and wholesalers have also raised their prices in the last month or so....with more to follow according to da mongoose

Kanilea has released its new price list effective July and prices are going up slightly. Its getting harder and harder to get Kanileas as they produce only slightly more than 100 plus ukes a month for the whole world....Other makers and wholesalers have also raised their prices in the last month or so....with more to follow according to da mongoose

:(

prices rise while my money goes away just for the food I need every day... ugh.

Thanks for the heads-up. But I keep reading how ukulele sales are on the rise. So what gives? Production costs are on the rise? I guess materials are getting more expensive? Koa certainly.

Well all industries are making tough choices now. I wonder if this will be the same for companies with a larger distribution ie, Kala, Lanikai, and Oscar-Schmidt. Perhaps we'll be seeing those companies putting out more of the higher-end instruments? Fascinating topic though.

When crude oil prices go up so does EVRYTHING else. :rolleyes:

Damn. And here I was, thinking I might get a break! The Canadian dollar was at par or slightly better when I started buying ukuleles, in early 2008. Then it stumbled and fell with the rest of the world economy to about 20% below the US. That hurt. It's been creeping up slowly since its rough trip to the low ebb, reaching to about 92% a week or so back. Now it's fallen to 86% and seems headed down again.

At the same time, uke prices are rising... damn and damn again. That means 15% or more for ukes and shipping, PLUS the inevitable cash grab at the border ($40-$60 so far, each time, but more based on value). And here I was steeling myself to make one really good purchase, buy one really good ukulele. One of those K companies, or a Moore Bettah. Something like that.

Maybe I should take up an instrument where the Canadian dollar is worth more. Is there a bazouki underground? Or cumbus underground? How about the oud?

I think that good uke is going back-burner for a while until the dollar stablizes.​

Damn. And here I was, thinking I might get a break! The Canadian dollar was at par or slightly better when I started buying ukuleles, in early 2008. Then it stumbled and fell with the rest of the world economy to about 20% below the US. That hurt. It's been creeping up slowly since its rough trip to the low ebb, reaching to about 92% a week or so back. Now it's fallen to 86% and seems headed down again.

At the same time, uke prices are rising... damn and damn again. That means 15% or more for ukes and shipping, PLUS the inevitable cash grab at the border ($40-$60 so far, each time, but more based on value). And here I was steeling myself to make one really good purchase, buy one really good ukulele. One of those K companies, or a Moore Bettah. Something like that.

Maybe I should take up an instrument where the Canadian dollar is worth more. Is there a bazouki underground? Or cumbus underground? How about the oud?

I think that good uke is going back-burner for a while until the dollar stablizes.​

Um...Ian - take a time of weakness in the Canadian dollar as Playing Time; a time of strength would be Acquiring Time. Then you can refer to your ukes as "I bought this in the Acquiring Time of 2008" or "I really learned to appreciate this one during the Playing Time of 2009."

I don't believe it, everyone knows that mongooses (Mongeese?) hate ukuleles...

d0693c4b6107812b5fabb31859a988494g.jpg

:D

Top Bottom