Yes, I am making a strings topic

I know Worth makes a brown set for soprano/concert with low g, Elderly carries them. MGM carries Orca low g for soprano/concert. Both are fluorocarbon with no wound strings.

I know Worth makes a brown set for soprano/concert with low g, Elderly carries them. MGM carries Orca low g for soprano/concert. Both are fluorocarbon with no wound strings.
Thanks so much. I found the Worth brown ones and have been wanting to give browns another chance. I think that's what I'll go for.

Fremont flourocarbon also makes a non-wound low g, though I've only bought the tenor ones, I don't know if they have it for soprano...

Last edited:
mgm actually sent me a set of aquila concert low g's - can't wait to give them a shot!
g

mgm actually sent me a set of aquila concert low g's - can't wait to give them a shot!
g

While I didn't get my set from MGM, I currently have a set in my Tenor. They have a beautiful sound, but mine does have a wound "G" string.

Is there any reason you don't want the wound string? Ask to understand and learn....:shaka:

While I didn't get my set from MGM, I currently have a set in my Tenor. They have a beautiful sound, but mine does have a wound "G" string.

Is there any reason you don't want the wound string? Ask to understand and learn....:shaka:

I can't speak for the original poster, but I hate wound strings for a couple of reasons: they way they feel, and also because I don't like the squeaky slide guitar sound they make when I change chords.

But to each his/her own...whatever floats your boat.

Quick question on strings (didn't want to make yet another string thread):-

Can I re-use strings on the same instrument? I have a concert uke with no wound strings, and am itching a little to try out some new strings. The thing is, nothing is wrong with the old strings, and I'd like to keep them so I could switch them back if I didn't like the new strings/as a spare set of strings. Would I ruin the first set of strings by taking them out and putting them back in some time in the future?

Quick question on strings (didn't want to make yet another string thread):-

Can I re-use strings on the same instrument? I have a concert uke with no wound strings, and am itching a little to try out some new strings. The thing is, nothing is wrong with the old strings, and I'd like to keep them so I could switch them back if I didn't like the new strings/as a spare set of strings. Would I ruin the first set of strings by taking them out and putting them back in some time in the future?

I don't throw away strings unless they are worn out. Roll um up and use them again but make sure you label each string. If you next 'ukulele comes with crappy string you are already set. ;)

Top Bottom