My first Uke Vid

That video and that song are perfect, but the effect on the vocals is god-awful. I'd say it'd maybe make me cry. And there's no problem with the vocals on Protect my Grief on your emos-I mean Myspace page.

Last edited:
awesome! hey can you do a review on that Arch top Ukulele?

that rocked! vocals were kick'n! great song! I think you should do a review on the arch top also!!

The playing and different instruments you used were great. The music sounds awesome. The vocals could have used less effects on them. It didn't quite fit with how clean everything else sounded, but it didn't break the interpretation. Kind of Tom Waits-ish.

I liked the vocal effect, very old school like back in the twenties when they used to sing through a megaphone because that is the way they had to do it before there was sound amplification systems.

Thanks for all the great responses. I just got home from a 14 hr workday, so I'm pretty beat. Especially since I was so inspired last night doing the vid, that I didn't go to bed until 3:30.

I liked the vocal effect, very old school like back in the twenties when they used to sing through a megaphone because that is the way they had to do it before there was sound amplification systems.

That's it right there. It's this plug-in called "Vinyl" that has settings like "30s" "50s" and such. It's also how I got that record effect in the beginning. You can also add scratches and pops and noise and stuff. It's pretty cool.

I like to downplay the vocals and such. That's why all the singing shots are so dark. I consider myself a musician and not a singer. Plus it makes it wierd and psychadelic.

I'm hate to sing and play at the same time. I'm hoping to hook up with a singer soon.

Top Bottom