PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Kala Mahogany 8-String Tenor Cutaway Ukulele w/ EQ - Black

ukulelebadass
06-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I want to buy an eight string. I have decided on a black Kala Mahogany 8-String Tenor Cutaway Ukulele w/ EQ, (KA-8EC-BK.) I have been searching the internet and cannot seem to find any stores that stock these (checked MGM, elderly, all the usual suspects.) My second choice is the spruce top but I really want the black mahogany, and I want it for less than $300 (new.) I would consider spending less on a used one if it is available.

So any suggestions?

I am hoping to make a purchase in about two weeks...

danged
06-28-2009, 06:03 PM
I want to buy an eight string. I have decided on a black Kala Mahogany 8-String Tenor Cutaway Ukulele w/ EQ, (KA-8EC-BK.) I have been searching the internet and cannot seem to find any stores that stock these (checked MGM, elderly, all the usual suspects.) My second choice is the spruce top but I really want the black mahogany, and I want it for less than $300 (new.) I would consider spending less on a used one if it is available.

So any suggestions?

Where did you see the KA-8EC-BK? Currently Kala only offers 3 models of 8 string ukes, the Mahagony and Spruce Top with regular body, and the Koa available in Cutaway. Have you tried contacting Kala on availability?

ukulelebadass
06-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Where did you see the KA-8EC-BK? Currently Kala only offers 3 models of 8 string ukes, the Mahagony and Spruce Top with regular body, and the Koa available in Cutaway. Have you tried contacting Kala on availability?

http://www.georges-ukes.com/Kala-Mahogany-8String-Tenor-Cutaway-Ukulele/M/B001LU6ZR0.htm

http://www.kalaukulele.com/Product%20Price%20List.html

danged
06-30-2009, 07:27 AM
The reason no one has these in stock are that they have been discontinued by Kala. I am correct in saying that Kala currently offers only 3 models of 8 string ukuleles. I am a Kala Dealer, and located very close to them, and in weekly contact with Kala.

You might be able to find a used one out there, good luck.

Guting
06-30-2009, 12:08 PM
The reason no one has these in stock are that they have been discontinued by Kala. I am correct in saying that Kala currently offers only 3 models of 8 string ukuleles. I am a Kala Dealer, and located very close to them, and in weekly contact with Kala.

what shop?

06-30-2009, 12:19 PM
what shop?

danged owns the Aloha Warehouse in Japantown, San FranciSCO.

ukulelebadass
06-30-2009, 12:34 PM

Phooey on that! Someones got to have one sitting in a warehouse or back room somewhere, still new in the box. It'll turn up eventually.

In the mean time, maybe I'll think about the koa model. I hesitate to depart from that with which I am familiar, but it's still a KALA and they certainly are pretty...

haolejohn
06-30-2009, 09:55 PM
I think sailqwest was trying to sale one of these black 8 stringers. ansd it seemed like it was still available but on an older post.

My bad here is her link http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9105&highlight=string+ukulele

It isn't the black one it is the spruce top one.

patient0
08-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by ukulelebadass

So any suggestions?

I was wondering if you had any luck finding the KA-8EBK (or KA-8EC-BK)? I emailed the folks at Kala, and Mike replied to me confirming them discontinued. He even wished me luck finding one of the spruce or koa 8 strings. (also discontinued)

Skitzic
08-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Have you considered the Lanikai models? I have an O series 8 string and I couldn't be happier with it. Solid spruce top, and if you get it from Mim she sets it up for you.

patient0
08-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Have you considered the Lanikai models? I have an O series 8 string and I couldn't be happier with it. Solid spruce top, and if you get it from Mim she sets it up for you.

I'll prolly get the Lanikai myself, based on the reviews and price point. But it was the glossy black and the cutaway of the Kala model that made it so sexy-licious.

mds725
08-26-2010, 09:37 AM
danged owns the Aloha Warehouse in Japantown, San Francisco.

Wow! I LOVE the Aloha Warehouse!

Skitzic
08-26-2010, 09:41 AM
I'll prolly get the Lanikai myself, based on the reviews and price point. But it was the glossy black and the cutaway of the Kala model that made it so sexy-licious.

Paint it black.