Aloha from Canada

jazzy

Reaction score
Hello from Canada. I came to this board searching for some help with identifying a song clip which (I think) is slide ukulele.

Looks like I don't yet have the right to post the attachment, so I thought I'd say hi and poke around a bit.:)

There is beer involved, so it is important to me:D

BTW, my housemate is a busker and can play ukulele, although she lacks one currently.

No, that's not it :(. Thanks for the link.

I know I've listened to more uke music today than before in my life. I really had not idea it extended much past Don Ho and Iz, and those 20's college boys with the raccoon coats!!

I love watching the videos and seeing how the members take this simple instrument and use it to cross music genres.

Welcome to UU jazzy. :cool:

Got a little "tip" that somehow "It's not the Rolling Stones" is on the right track. I'm now seaching Ronnie Wood since apparently he plays ukulele. It's not Negrita tho.

CC Rider

Well, the contest has been guessed. It was CC Rider by Leadbelly, played on the ukulele by the poster.

I appreciate the help and the warm welcome. Hope nobody minds if a non-musician hangs out and participates here...some very cool stuff and peeps on this forum.

Welcome, fellow Canuck. Where are you located? Anywhere near Toronto? I'm about 120+km NNW of Toronto, myself.​

Top Bottom