PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from Canada

jazzy
06-29-2009, 06:30 AM
Hello from Canada. I came to this board searching for some help with identifying a song clip which (I think) is slide ukulele.

Looks like I don't yet have the right to post the attachment, so I thought I'd say hi and poke around a bit.:)

There is beer involved, so it is important to me:D

BTW, my housemate is a busker and can play ukulele, although she lacks one currently.

kailua
06-29-2009, 06:50 AM
Are you refering to UU member:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB5ITs48LYg&feature=channel_page ? Welcome to UU. :music:

jazzy
06-29-2009, 07:49 AM
No, that's not it :(. Thanks for the link.

I know I've listened to more uke music today than before in my life. I really had not idea it extended much past Don Ho and Iz, and those 20's college boys with the raccoon coats!!

I love watching the videos and seeing how the members take this simple instrument and use it to cross music genres.

pithaya9
06-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Welcome to UU jazzy. :cool:

jazzy
06-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Got a little "tip" that somehow "It's not the Rolling Stones" is on the right track. I'm now seaching Ronnie Wood since apparently he plays ukulele. It's not Negrita tho.

jazzy
06-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Well, the contest has been guessed. It was CC Rider by Leadbelly, played on the ukulele by the poster.

I appreciate the help and the warm welcome. Hope nobody minds if a non-musician hangs out and participates here...some very cool stuff and peeps on this forum.

Playscool39
06-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Welcome!Perhaps we can turn you into a Uke addict like most of us (I thing we all are). Did you already introduce yourself in the "introduce yourself " thread.

ichadwick
06-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Welcome, fellow Canuck. Where are you located? Anywhere near Toronto? I'm about 120+km NNW of Toronto, myself.