Lucy's Vintage Ukulele strings

Kite

Reaction score
I found these during my search for some colored strings. But I can't find anywhere to buy them, my searches only bring up Lucy's colored pegs (which are nice but I'm looking for strings right now).

Anyone know where I can get a pack of these strings? Or even any other colored strings?:confused:

Just trying to spruce up my cheap, blue Mahalo uke haha

What color you want? Ko'olaus are gold, Kalas are red, Aquilas are white, Worths are brown, Hilos are black, etc.

Yea I've looked at all of those, not really sure if my uke is worthy of aquilas heh. So Kala reds are my next choice if I can't find these Lucy's. just looking for the aesthetic appeal.

i found some of the soprano strings at gryphon strings in palo alto.

unfortunately mate I live on the east coast, CT to be specific. but I'm not too far from NYC. music stores around here don't have much ukulele related things.

If you don't mind wound strings, Guadalupe makes rainbow colored strings or I think they will make them any color you wish for (though don't quote me on that). I bought a set of the rainbow colored ones, they looked very cool (although not very classy) and sounded very nice, but I hate wound strings so they didn't last long on my uke.

http://www.guadalupecustomstrings.com/

Also if you get them, be sure you don't cut the excess -- they will unravel. They are wrapped in nylon but have a metal core.

If you don't mind wound strings, Guadalupe makes rainbow colored strings or I think they will make them any color you wish for (though don't quote me on that). I bought a set of the rainbow colored ones, they looked very cool (although not very classy) and sounded very nice, but I hate wound strings so they didn't last long on my uke.

http://www.guadalupecustomstrings.com/

Also if you get them, be sure you don't cut the excess -- they will unravel. They are wrapped in nylon but have a metal core.

Thanks for the link... this looks like an interesting company. Hey, and they're nearby me too.
–Lori

i'm doing this off memory. but this past weekend whilst on vacation i changed my 4 yr old nephew's `ohana sopranino strings from the blah looking fremont fluoro blackstrings to the lucy's rainbow strings. a little thicker than the fluoros but definitely more tension and i didn't need to tune it up a scale or two (aside from trying to break them in faster). sounded brighter and more fuller than both the fremonts and stock aquila's.

Top Bottom