The Beatles "Rock Band"

I think this video does make this game look pretty interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpBDOolcs9g

But in the end it is pretty stoooopid & takes time wasting to a whole new level...I posted this on the comments:

"it does look ace....but to be honest you can probably buy a ukulele for less than the price of this game....George was a BIG ukulele fan and I know that Paul & John played...They are probably easier to learn & play than the game...I'm sure even ringo could bang out a tune on one!"

Says it was developed "with the Beatles..." both of them remaining? The last two, who don't talk to one another? But it IS the Beatles and they were music gods. So this is a form of active worship; sort of karma yoga for musicians, I suppose. If it was for a PC, I'd get it just because it's The Beatles. But I'm not into consoles.​

Says it was developed "with the Beatles..." both of them remaining?​

Yup.

And Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison too. (George's son Dhani was, in fact, the guy who got the ball rolling on the whole thing.)

I think the game looks like it will be kickassical. :shaka:

JJ​

Says it was developed "with the Beatles..." both of them remaining? The last two, who don't talk to one another? But it IS the Beatles and they were music gods. So this is a form of active worship; sort of karma yoga for musicians, I suppose. If it was for a PC, I'd get it just because it's The Beatles. But I'm not into consoles.​

Paul and Ringo talk to each other.

It really does open up a better understanding of a lot of their music. I know that sounds really cliche, but I really didn't understand how great of a bass player Paul was until I actually had to pay attention to his basslines.

It really does open up a better understanding of a lot of their music. I know that sounds really cliche, but I really didn't understand how great of a bass player Paul was until I actually had to pay attention to his basslines.

Many moons ago, I got the Bealtes Anthology DVD set. Like everyone else, I'd seen it on TV, so I didn't have a pressing need to watch it again. I just squee'd, then put it on the shelf. Well I was re-watching (I swear there's more footage in the DVDs!), but this time with a decent headphone/headphone amp setup, and yeah - first time I really noticed Paul's a handy bass player to have around. My bass-playing husband won't believe this, but his loss.

BTW, that DVD footage includes an actual uke jam session. Yes they do "Ain't She Sweet" - that's all over Youtube. There's another one, with Paul playing what I'm going to guess is a very custom resonator uke of George's, while George takes the lead on his trusty Kamaka concert. Then there's some more interview footage where they're talking about this and that, and George is plainly doing what all uke players do - "Oh nice bookmatching on the back.." - I came for the documentary, I stayed for the uke jam session.

George was one of us. Sigh...

Edit - As for the game - I very much want, but my playmate thinks these Guitar Hero and Rock Band games are the definition of lame, when you could actually pick up an instrument. If all you play are these games, I'd agree, but come on! A little fun never hurt anyone. And this attitude from the guy who plays EVERY FPS on the market.

Last edited:
The game is awesome! But honnestly, I prefer to take time to learn how to play the Beatles songs with real instruments. So that means that i'm gonna get stuck at medium and hard mode for a long time lol.

I got to play this game during a St. Patrick's day social. It was fun, but I cannot see myself spending the money to buy my own setup. Doing the 3-part vocals can be tough though!

The comments that say "Well I'd rather play the Beetles music than a plastic controller..." are totally correct. However at the same time, when you have a lively party going on and you are maybe one of two other people who play anything most of the party just want to bang on those Ol' plastic controllers then listen to two people wail.

Just my experience at my own home. People seem more interested in a "Group Game" when they don't know how to play anything.

Top Bottom