Song Help Request Send You My Love - Born Jamericans

Thanks Rayan, I appreciate it bro. You guys are the best!!!

Attachments

• kamaka001..jpg
    kamaka001..jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 341
  • kamakahead..jpg
    kamakahead..jpg
    76 KB · Views: 315
  • kamakatuners..jpg
    kamakatuners..jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 11
  • kamakaback..jpg
    kamakaback..jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 9
  • kamakalabel..jpg
    kamakalabel..jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 9
Rayan, where would I be able to find that little percussion box you all were using for the webcast? I'm thinking of picking one up for my buddy.

its called a cajon. you can get them at musiciansfriend.com or any of the other online music stores... guitarcenter.com... music123.com...

do some shoping and wait for sales. especially with shipping. but it should be free at many places since those cajons go for about $150 i believe.

option: take a large drawer or something similar in construction about 1.5ft cubed and one open space (or build one). the side opposite the opening should be some sort of flimsy plywood. now take a bat to one corner of that side enough to crack it, but not bust a hole through it. that area is now your snare. the center is your bass. an the other corner is your tom. and make sure you wear some baseball gloves to avoid splinters haha.

some here have seen a video i posted up of my brother and myself playing a song using that. it is very loud, and sounds like an actual drum set haha. but i think it was more of a fluke, because if we had to, i dont think we could reproduce it.

So that was what your brother was playing when you did that nani video?

I'd probably spend the money to buy than make one of those. Because my friends, beer, and tools, aren't exactly a safe mix. We almost always end up doing our drunk jitsu. So, no bueno...

i wanna get a guitar and learn how to play, i only know how to play the uke. I might plan on buying a guitar soon, but it would have to be cheap. ($50 - $100)

I got really happy when i saw this thread, and I started playing the chords, but it didnt sound right...

I think instead of F, you should play Fm so...

Cm - Fm - Bbm - Eb

Maybe it's just me

Top Bottom