Concert uke strings?

UkuleleHill

Reaction score
I have a Lanikai Concert and I have the original strings on it... The are ghs strings. I also have D'Addario J65 strings. I am wondering if I should switch to the D'Addario's now or wait til I need to?

Whats the play like on the D'Addario's vs the GHS. THe GHS seem really tight with not alot of play... I just don't want to switch them if I am better off with the GHS for now... Siggestions?

Well the only thing is is that I already have the D'Addarios... So if they are better than the GHS I will switch to them I just was wondering...

But I will look into those for my next strings!

It really just comes down to what you prefer. I might tell you the D'Addarios are better, but when you switch, you might not like them as much.

The best thing to do is try it out, man. If you don't like them, switch back. Order a bunch of different kinds of strings, and switch them out every couple of months and see what you like.

try worth strings. personally i think they are the best, they have really good handling, they dont go out of tune as much in different weather conditions,and they resonate with ukulele beautifully. But it might come down to personal preference so try different brands out.

If you are comparing Diadarios to the GHS.......D'adarios are definately better. Now....what will sound good with your ukulele depends. Some strings will make them sound brighter, some will make it sound more mellow. Sorry, but you will have to try a bunch of them before you figure it out. hahahaha. Nah, but if the D'adarios sound good to you.....thats the most important thing! But definately get the GHS ones off. I had a tenor uke made by my friend who put GHS on them. I switched them with aquila strings......and he agreed!

Top Bottom