Is it just me or is anyone else offended by this CL posting

Is it just me or is anyone else offended by this CL posting

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/for/1246512355.html

Not offended. I definitely wouldn't buy from that person. Obviously they're not acquainted with the large number of sellers who are now using free shipping on eBay - or that the shipping still wouldn't run the extra $20. I choose not to deal with people who flash that kind of attitude...

I buy lots of used items -- flea markets, garage sales and CL. If you buy used, it should be a huge bargain. Why? Because you can't take it back if there are problems a day later. Forget about shipping. If I wanted to eliminate the shipping cost, I'd buy at a local music store. (And I've done that too.)

The word "offended" doesn't apply (using it will inevitably create controversy in an innocuous thread), but it is pretty silly. If they tell you how much it would normally cost, chances are they're full of it.

Last edited:
Wow..they sound angry. They probably aren't uke players..just guessing:D

The ad refers to "we" and "us" numerous times, making it sound like a business. It also mentions not having to pay tax.

If that's the case, then I'm offended that a local business would be using CL to do "under the table" sales. If they're not collecting sales tax, I'm sure the revenue from the sale is "off the books" as well.

I wish CL let you flag posts as "seller is being a douchebag".

JJ

It does sound like a dealer, but who would buy from a dealer who doesn't even know the correct model number of the uke? KS-C :eek: never heard of that, looks like a KA-S or C. Kala Mahogany series in soprano or concert, not both!

Arrogance is a turn-off in every aspect of life. :rolleyes:

kind of annoying...

Yea.. Ok maybe annoying is more of what I meant.. But it kinda pee'd me of when I saw that listing. 1st thing I did was check MGM. but he didnt have the same uke for sale.. I was gonna emai the link to the seller...

Not offended. I definitely wouldn't buy from that person. Obviously they're not acquainted with the large number of sellers who are now using free shipping on eBay - or that the shipping still wouldn't run the extra $20. I choose not to deal with people who flash that kind of attitude...

X2! My sentiments, exactly....

I wish CL let you flag posts as "seller is being a douchebag".

JJ

I think it's kind of self-evident... It sort of flags itself as such. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I'm with Russ - I think it's funny as hell that someone would get that worked up over the details... Goofy in a "dumb-ass people watching" sort of way.

Funny stuff.

Top Bottom