Tahoe Area Uke Fest - After Thread

Dominator

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
The Tahoe Uke Fest was a great success. It was really a lot of fun. I have some video that I will try to post up when I get a chance. I didn't get many pictures though. Maybe some of the others did and will post some up.

I'm slammed at the day job again through the 6th of July so I don't know when I will be able to get the video stuff put together. I have some good stuff with me and Brittni jamming a few tunes.

My wife is having surgery on her hand and I am at the hospital as I type this. Taking this brief time to try and catch up on some of the posts here. That video collab with Russ and Seeso is awesome.

Will try to post more later. Brittni and Victoria both kicked some bootie during the concert Saturday night :shaka:.

Dominator, Brittni Paiva, Victoria Vox, and Dan "Cool Hand Uke" Scanlon were all very good! I think it's safe to say that the Uke Bug has now spread into Nevada! I have a good deal of pictures and will post some soon. In the mean time, there are a good many pics on the festival's website: http://playuke.net/?page_id=545

I spotted at least one other UU t-shirt at the festival (besides my own)...

Dominator can't wait to see some vids from the Uke Fest. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to your wife.

Sad I couldnt make the fest... I love Tahoe. Cant wait to see some pics and vids =)

Hope your wife recovers quickly :shaka:

Thanks folks. Joanne is doing great. She is sassy as ever. Resting quite comfortably with frozen peas on her hand :).

Here is the first video of Brittni and I doing Breezin'. It was so fun to play with her. We did Gypsy Ukulele also. I will try to upload that one this evening as well.

EDIT: Here are the new links. I had misspelled Brittni's last name and had to remove the videos, re-render them and upload to YT again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ko0umRh0vM&feature=channel_page

EDIT: Here is Gypsy Ukulele with Brittni. We didn't have as much time to go over this one in advance so we sort of navigated our way through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNoOw0Z79Yw&feature=channel_page

Last edited:
Sorry I missed Tahoe. I hope it was successful enough for them to continue. Was everything indoors?
Blessings to your wife Dom.

Thanks Chuck. She is doing great.

Vendors, Workshops and the Concert were all in doors. There were a few things outdoors. The kickoff of the day with a little jam and Doug's free Beatles workshop was out doors on Sunday before the Brunch show that Brittni and I played at. The open mic was also inside.

I believe the festival was in the black slightly and the Entertainment Manager for the Nugget was there and wants to move it to a much better place next year. So I think the potential is there for it to continue to work out in the years to come.

Unfortunately, I misspelled Brittni's name within the rendered video and since I did a cut and paste both videos were in error. I've deleted them and will have to re-render and upload them again when I get time.

My best to Joanne and a speedy recovery. Couldn't get time off for Minden, it would have been great watching you and Brittni jammin'. Looking forward to the vids.

Tahoe Area Ukulele Festival pictures

Here are a few pictures of Dominator, Brittni, one of all the performers as well as uke maker Mike DaSilva all at the Tahoe Fest. There are many more great pictures at the festival's website: http://playuke.net/?page_id=545

Dominator - we wish Joanne a speedy recovery!

Attachments

• Dominator_20090628.jpg
    Dominator_20090628.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Brittni_20090628.jpg
    Brittni_20090628.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Performers_20090627.jpg
    Performers_20090627.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 9
  • DaSilva_20090627.jpg
    DaSilva_20090627.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 7
We just got home, having gone over to Monterrey after the uke fest to see the west coast for the first time.

The festival was a hoot, and a great choice for a location! Lovely place and well worth the drive for us.

It was great to meet some of the folks we hear mentioned around here. Everyone is even nicer than I had imagined them. Dominator was great to talk with, and Jeffrey's blues uke workshop was a lot of fun. (Sorry for hotdogging in the back row, Jeff!)

The concert was amazing and such fun, and the music --from Dom and Brittni's awesome duets to the guys swapping tunes in front of the coffee shop--was all wonderful.

Uke geeks truly are wonderful people and I will go again. Thanks to Douglass and everyone involved. :shaka:

(That was Mrs. Taco rocking the UU shirt because I had sloppily shared dinner with my own. Glad she represented, though! ;))

We just got home, having gone over to Monterrey after the uke fest to see the west coast for the first time.

The festival was a hoot, and a great choice for a location! Lovely place and well worth the drive for us.

It was great to meet some of the folks we hear mentioned around here. Everyone is even nicer than I had imagined them. Dominator was great to talk with, and Jeffrey's blues uke workshop was a lot of fun. (Sorry for hotdogging in the back row, Jeff!)

The concert was amazing and such fun, and the music --from Dom and Brittni's awesome duets to the guys swapping tunes in front of the coffee shop--was all wonderful.

Uke geeks truly are wonderful people and I will go again. Thanks to Douglass and everyone involved. :shaka:

(That was Mrs. Taco rocking the UU shirt because I had sloppily shared dinner with my own. Glad she represented, though! ;))

Very cool Uncle Taco! Next year I will make it a point to introduce myself.... I did the workshop with Victoria Vox and helpd my wife at Doug's Beatles workshop. We also enjoyed it very much.

Top Bottom