Engraving on back of the neck

I have a scene engraved on the back of my Pineapple Sunday that KoAloha Paul himself did.

If he did it..you know it's safe to do. ;) :shaka:

It seems like that would effect the speed of the neck unless it was filled in and varnished over.

Caution - once YOUR name is on the neck then it makes it unsaleable to anyone except those bearing your name. So if it's Boris or Gus or even Vivian you've really got to think twice about this course of action...

Are you talking about just engraving, or inlay? Both can be done on the back of the neck, but the curvature does make it more tricky. I haven't had a request to do one yet, but I have seen Aaron's work on the back of a neck. I think he did someone's name in kanji.

As for the name thing, very true. There's a growing number of ukers out there, but finding someone else with the same name, who wants your uke, with the name on it is hit or miss.

Have your name inlaid into a faux truss rod cover, or small shell plate, and have that mounted using hide glue. It would be easily removable in the event that you sell it.

Andrew

I would think there'd be a shop that does laser engraving nearby.

Top Bottom