Banjo Ukuleles or Resonators...

a concert resonator would be awesome. i have soprano banjo uke that i don't play much. i'm actually trying to trade or sell it in the "marketplace" section.

Banjo ukulele.
I play tenor and bluegrass banjo and would like to add a banjo uke to my collection

Last edited:
I just purchased one of Dave G's Waverly Street banjo ukes with a concert scale. I think it's the perfect scale a banjo uke. (So, I guess my answer to 'Which would you buy?' is a banjo uke.)

My vote is for reso ukes. Any size.

I kind of fascinated by both of them, but would get a banjolele in tenor (or concert) size first. A variation on that theme would be a Camp Uke style, maybe concert size. Or how about merging a Camp Uke with a resonator cone??

Actually, I would go for a Camp Uke before the Banjolele and the Resonator. I think I would like a circle for the sound hole though.
–Lori

Attachments

• camp_uke2.jpg
    camp_uke2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 9
Well I am currnetly thinking about getting a concert banjolele. Those Waverly Street banjos sure are tempting. I haven't even thought about a reso. Hmmmmmm.......

I like a "blues-ey" sound....gotta go with the resonator. Any size larger than a soprano.

Banjo ukulele all the way! i was in guitar center today killn it on the banjo lol... drew quite a crowd as well... and thats why i have been off uu for while peep... practicing the banjo...... For real thou a banjo uke! i had a chance to play on in HB two weeks ago... a guy had one and i loved the twangy sound!

I kind of fascinated by both of them, but would get a banjolele in tenor (or concert) size first. A variation on that theme would be a Camp Uke style, maybe concert size. Or how about merging a Camp Uke with a resonator cone??

Actually, I would go for a Camp Uke before the Banjolele and the Resonator. I think I would like a circle for the sound hole though.
–Lori

+1 on the camp uke

concert resonator, deff. since seeing bob brozman on his national concert reso, ive added a reso uke to my list of wants haha....did i say wants....needs...

I've already got an old La Pacifica Banjolele so a chromed brass "Terminator" resonator would be cool though another Banjolele in a Tenor size would also be awesome. Is there such a thing as a pineapple resonator? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom