Viet Inlaid Ukes

Tsani

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me about the sound on these ukes coming out of Vietnam with the mother of pearl inlays? They look good, but I am worried that that focus has been on the looks rather than the sound and the playability.

Has anybody played one?

:anyone:

I've been to Vietnam a few times and once bought some real looking nice inlaid mandolins, unfortunatley they looked a lot better than they played. I don't know for sure about the ukes, but my thought is that it might be the same story.

Are you referring to the ones on ebay that are 80 dollars to ship? I looked into getting one of those before because they absolutely gorgeous but I was told they aren't good quality at all. Such a shame.

That was what I was afraid of. I don't need an ukulele that looks great and sounds like poop. The brand on them is "Bruceweiart". I was never particularly tempted until I saw this uke with a very cool dragon on it. Of course then I would have to try to learn Jake's song - "Dragon" - and I would just make a hash of it and embarrass myself...so I guess it's just as well. :rolleyes:

Of course then I would have to try to learn Jake's song - "Dragon" - and I would just make a hash of it and embarrass myself.

Actually, you could just blame that one on the uke...we wouldn't tell your secret.

Honu ukes are built in Vietnam, I believe, and are fantastic. The ones that emphasize the inlay over the musicality are suspect at best...bruceweiart, hanworks - there's one more, I think...

Actually, you could just blame that one on the uke...we wouldn't tell your secret.

Honu ukes are built in Vietnam, I believe, and are fantastic. The ones that emphasize the inlay over the musicality are suspect at best...bruceweiart, hanworks - there's one more, I think...

Antonio Tsai

Tsani, just google Antonio Tsai. There are numerous horror stories concerning these ukuleles. I wouldn't buy one if I were you.

I'm told they are beautiful eye candy. Exquisite inlay. Wonderfully thick, deep and lustrous finish. And better as art than as an instrument. If you have an empty wall space for something musical, then look no further. But if you're interested in playing, look elsewhere.​

I have a dragon inlay uke form vietnam... It is beautiful and sounds beautiful. Seriously. I love it !!! I took it to my uke club and many there are professional musicians and they absolutely love it. They confirmed it was a great find.

I have a dragon inlay uke form vietnam... It is beautiful and sounds beautiful. Seriously. I love it !!! I took it to my uke club and many there are professional musicians and they absolutely love it. They confirmed it was a great find.

Top Bottom