Where can I buy a Pono for a decent price in Canada?

Patbot

Reaction score
Hey guys, I live around Toronto and all the ukuleles that I see around here are either souvenirs or over priced :\

I was thinking about getting a mainland uke but the last time i bought something from the US it cost me a 100$ to receive it so right now I'd rather buy a uke from inside Canada so I don't have to deal with that sort of thing.

The only place I've seen so far with a decent price for a pono uke--which was my first choice uke-- is http://www.acousticmusicshop.com/ukuleles?b=1 in Edmonton.

what do you guys think? Thanks :)

The Ko'olau website has several authorized dealers in Canada listed . . .

Acoustic Music Shop, Ltd.
9934 82nd Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6E 1Y9
ph : 780-433-3545
email: folks@acousticmusicshop.com
www.AcousticMusicShop.com

Larsen Music
1833 Cook Street
Victoria, BC V8T 3P5
ph: 250-389-1988

Tom Lee Music Co.
(9 locations throughout BC)
Head Office & Megastore:
929 Granville St.
Vancouver, BC Canada V6Z 1L3
1-888-866-6533 (Canada)
1-604-685-8471 (US)
www.tomleemusic.ca

Last edited:
What size, style are you looking for? I have two, both tenors, both with pickups - a mango and a cedar top/cutaway. Hardshell cases, too. Might be interested in selling one if the price is right. Need to get rid of one of two of the herd in order to make room for another....

With the low Canadian dollar, plus shipping and taxes, expect to pay 30-40% more for any uke purchased from the USA. I'm about 2 hours north of Toronto.

Pics and review of the two on my website. PM me if you're interested.​

Hey guys, I live around Toronto and all the ukuleles that I see around here are either souvenirs or over priced :\

I was thinking about getting a mainland uke but the last time i bought something from the US it cost me a 100$ to receive it so right now I'd rather buy a uke from inside Canada so I don't have to deal with that sort of thing.

The only place I've seen so far with a decent price for a pono uke--which was my first choice uke-- is http://www.acousticmusicshop.com/ukuleles?b=1 in Edmonton.

what do you guys think? Thanks :)

The prices on this website are very good, I would be comfortable with the prices for these Pono's. The PKT tenor listed is no longer made by Pono, they have discontinued all Koa ukuleles in the Pono line.

If at all possible, I would recommend buying from a Brick & Mortar store, someone you can talk to and try the ukulele before you purchase it, and also go to if you need warranty work. You should try to support these local dealers, and price should not be a problem, as the manufacturer's set a minimum advertised price that all dealers must abide to. The internet would be the last alternative if you do not live in area with no close by dealers. These dealers should treat you right, as most ukulele players acquire UAS and will be back, and also refer their friends.

Top Bottom